Honored Contributor

Re: How Do You Feel About Shopping Channels Selling Real Fur?

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

There are MANY countries in Africa, which do not trade in Ivory. Broad statements such as Africa trading in Ivory are therefore incorrect.

Elephants are also native in Asia, I wonder why that wasn't mentioned? Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

board scolds.....LOL..............................

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Still don't begrudge a company selling what people WANT!  Why some try to control this is a mystery, but it's their time, not mine.

@SydneyH

Do you feel that way about people who want to buy ivory, knowing that elephants are an endangered species?

How does anyone feel when the privileged set out on a safari and hunt for lions, tigers, cheetahs and other exotic animals so they can have photo ops, stuff them or hang them on a wall? 

Lemme guess, this is only aimed at one family in particular, not the huge gaming industry in particular.

You would be wrong.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Still don't begrudge a company selling what people WANT!  Why some try to control this is a mystery, but it's their time, not mine.

@SydneyH

Do you feel that way about people who want to buy ivory, knowing that elephants are an endangered species?

How does anyone feel when the privileged set out on a safari and hunt for lions, tigers, cheetahs and other exotic animals so they can have photo ops, stuff them or hang them on a wall? 

Lemme guess, this is only aimed at one family in particular, not the huge gaming industry in particular.

You would be wrong.

Oh goodie, because I don't quite understand why 'under privileged'  people who hunt would be exempt but never mind.........

Esteemed Contributor

If only we could all work at 7-11's and read all the rag mags to out hearts content..then report the tales as news on a shopping channel's forum.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people have a conscience and don't like to see torture inflicted on living sentient beings. Research how fur is "harvested". There are many despicable acts that were/are legal. That doesn't make them morally acceptable. Man can be very arrogant, at times. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH

@SydneyH

No, I was asking if you find it acceptable that sellers sell ivory, knowing that many elephants are endangered. 

You said sellers should be able to sell whatever people want.

We all know that some people want to buy other people for various reasons, some are children.

Is that ok, too, because there is a market for it.

The point is, your premise that people should be able to buy what they want is unacceptable, as I hope you can see. 

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@SydneyH

You would be wrong.

Oh goodie, because I don't quite understand why 'under privileged'  people who hunt would be exempt but never mind.........

I'm glad your glad.  Let me explain.  Underprivileged people don't have the wherewithall to travel to other continents, hire guides, pitch lavish tents and hunt animals that provide them with nothing more than inflated egos, as was obvious with the dentist we discussed here several months ago..  "Underprivileged" people might be forced to hunt for food to feed themselves and their families.  But then, you knew that.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~