Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  What keeps you there?  I'd be so tempted to pull up stakes, slap a for sale sign on the homestead and head for someplace more livable.

@Kachina624       Can't AFFORD to leave!!

And, believe me, I've thought of just abandoning this house.    My bathroom restoration (from the broken water pipe) is not finished  YET.    Over a YEAR, and I still get lame excuses from the contractor.

After the weather changes, I'm gonna lower the boom on these people.....      di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi.  Tell them you're going to report them to the state attorney general's consumer fraud division.  I see complaints like yours on the NextDoor app every day.  Contractors are the biggest bunch of crooks.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi.  Tell them you're going to report them to the state attorney general's consumer fraud division.  I see complaints like yours on the NextDoor app every day.  Contractors are the biggest bunch of crooks.

@Kachina624    Oh, I DO know what a bunch of crooks they are.   I used to work for a building products supplier, and collecting from them was a royal pain.

So...here's a "part" of my problem.  The contractor gets his "workers" from the men who gather outside Home Depot, waiting for a "day job".    I "get anxious" being alone in the house with strangers....and need to leave ALL THE DOORS OPEN WIDE!!!!!     

♥Surface of the Sun♥