Contributor

I am a frequent reader, but seldom post.  I know there are several knowledgeable and resourceful people here.  I am hoping one of you can help.  Several years ago a friend gave me a tea set she owned.  I think it may have had some connection to her family origin.  She passed away before I was able to get the history.  Does anyone recognize the pottery marks?  Would you know of any history?  Thanks so much for your help!  (I've never attached photos, so I don't know if I am doing this right.)  

Tea 4.pngTea 5.pngTea 6.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Help Identifying Tea Set

@SueDone Look on replacements dot com.  They have online resources and you can call and talk to to them.

Also, do online searches on "pottery marks", maybe take a photo and see if one of the apps that find photos can help.  If you have any idea when it was made, a year range in the search will help.  Country?  

GOOD luck!!!  

Honored Contributor

I googled the 2nd pic of the marking on the bottom and there is/was something very similar for sale on ebay for $200.  Don't know if it's still available, but the text on ebay looked to be Eastern European (Russian maybe?).  

Do the google lens thing and see for yourself.

Respected Contributor

What ever it is .. its beautiful ....

Super Contributor

Email photo to replacements.com and they will identify it for you. Good luck!

Contributor

Thank you so much for your responses and suggestions.  I will let you know if I find out anything.

Honored Contributor

I'm a retired antiques dealer but I don't recognize this mark as being from the U.S.  I specialized in glass, however, so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Honored Contributor

@SueDone wrote:

I am a frequent reader, but seldom post.  I know there are several knowledgeable and resourceful people here.  I am hoping one of you can help.  Several years ago a friend gave me a tea set she owned.  I think it may have had some connection to her family origin.  She passed away before I was able to get the history.  Does anyone recognize the pottery marks?  Would you know of any history?  Thanks so much for your help!  (I've never attached photos, so I don't know if I am doing this right.)  

Tea 4.pngTea 5.pngTea 6.png

google lens

is what I use to ID things

Contributor

I wanted to update everyone.  I sent a picture to Replacements, but haven't gotten a response yet.  I then went to Google Lens (I never even knew this existed).  It recognized the picture, and there actually is the same set available on ebay from the Ukraine.  That listing indicated it was Ukrainian vintage porcelain made by Gorodnitza Porcelain Factory during the Soviet period.

Thank you to everyone for your help.  

Honored Contributor

@SueDone wrote:

I wanted to update everyone.  I sent a picture to Replacements, but haven't gotten a response yet.  I then went to Google Lens (I never even knew this existed).  It recognized the picture, and there actually is the same set available on ebay from the Ukraine.  That listing indicated it was Ukrainian vintage porcelain made by Gorodnitza Porcelain Factory during the Soviet period.

Thank you to everyone for your help.  

I used google Lens yesterday right after you posted your pic but it didn't come up with any matches. I'm glad you found out what it is! @SueDone