Trusted Contributor

Re: He'll Leave You After One Time--Can't Get it Out of My Head

Thank you so very much ladyroxanne!
A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

I have heard from friends that some men who have been on the dating scene for a while are looking for a little "action".  Also that dates are expected to be active after a particularly nice expensive evening.  Sap rises.

Nice guys are easier to date without demands.  When you meet a nice guy, he'll be very happy that you don't have a long track record.

A lot of people are finding eachother on dating sites.  The questions ask about the practical side of having a good relationship.  Certain matches DO increase your chances of success. There is no "place" to go meet people other than church, and some people work on Sunday and left is exercise (if you can get them away from their machine), or a book club.

I hear over and over that decent guys are being found on Harmony.com and if you're really religious, Christian Mingle where my younger sister found the most absolutely perfect man in the world for her.  They just instantly clicked!  I don't know anyone that got a "nice guy" out of a bar.  I'm sure there are, I just don't know.

I think their background may indicate what they'll be like.  I'd feel more comfortable with a widower, because they were successful in a relationship for a long period.

Best of luck!

Honored Contributor

@JBKO

I hope you haven't waited until you're in your 60's to address this ..... I'm guessing your mother was wrong, and was only trying to prevent you from having secks before marriage.  

Get yourself into therapy and do the work that needs to be done .... this issue has seriously affected your quality of life and it's time to put this behind you.   Good luck and please get going!

Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

What are your thoughts? 

my thoughts as a male?  this not only is bs, it is an insult to the male gender. would like 2 say more but can't

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Someone should have told my husband that he was supposed to leave I guess...

Honored Contributor

I guess if you are just looking for fun who cares??!!  If you want a husband then if it doesn't feel right don't do it just to get a man.

Respected Contributor

How old are you? Just curious if your mom"s beliefs stem from religion

Honored Contributor

Dare I say that if I had tweens in this day and age, and they were 'in love' with young classmates,  I'd probably try to 'scare' them by telling them to beware and that most boys (tweens, young teens) aren't interested in 'settling down' at this time in their lives.  Tweens often times have ' in love-crushes' and it sometimes leads to s*x at a very young age, which rarely leads to a long term marriage.  Better to beware than not.  I'm also thinking that, years ago, being 'scared' to experiment prevented a few tween/teen unwanted pregnancies

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Someone should have told my husband that he was supposed to leave I guess...

Too funny. 

My question would be - Why do Moms and Dads teach their boys that it's okay to just use a female and dump her after one time?????  It takes two. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I'm one who likes to 'scare' toddlers/young children, when necessary.  Like: " No, no!  Don't cross the street!  Bad, bad!  Hurt, hurt! "   When it's a potential life or death situation, I do believe in a scare or two.   Sorry.  I mean well, though.   By the time they are adults, they might thank me for preventing them from crossing a busy street when they were two or three years old.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).