Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever seen a UFO?

If aliens really do exist, why do people assume that they will look like us?

Why to people assume that they will have two eyes, a nose a mouth, two arms. two hands, two legs, two feet, and a torso?

Why assume that?

Maybe they look nothing like us in the slightest.

Maybe aliens look like this: 

snake.gif

Respected Contributor

Plaid Pants, if that's an alien life form, teleport me outta here!  They are taking over Florida!

....I have my suspicions about Iguanas too.....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never seen a UFO but it would be so cool!Smiley Very Happy

Some ground rules though:

They can't just sneak up on me  they have to let me know when they are coming and let me know what they look like in advance so I don't get startled by their appearance.

And they have to be nice lol! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

10 sightings  by the international space station camera.                     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h36ZGyrfiM

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

If aliens really do exist, why do people assume that they will look like us?

Why to people assume that they will have two eyes, a nose a mouth, two arms. two hands, two legs, two feet, and a torso?

Why assume that?

Maybe they look nothing like us in the slightest.

Maybe aliens look like this: 

snake.gif

Maybe we can't SEE them or even detect them!  WHO knows?  Really?  

Honored Contributor

Astronauts always officially deny seeing anything but in private they tell a different story. And, yes, I knew all the mercury astronauts when I was a child because my Uncle was, literally, a rocket scientist and he worked with them.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Would you be afraid if they were confirmed to really exist? I wouldn't be afraid but I know people who would be very scared.

Unless they're a known threat, I have no reason to worry about them existing. 

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object. That doesn't automatically default to alien spacecraft. If I can't identify an object flying in the sky, it's a UFO to me, but that doesn't mean it's Unidentified to everyone on the planet or that it's otherworldly.

It's like that quote from Arthur C Clarke, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Mobile phones are not magic to me, but they would be to some people who have little exposure to them. (To be honest, my mom thinks Google is practically magic. She has no understanding of how it works and asks me to find the strangest things in Google.)

I may not be able to identify an object in the sky, but that doesn't mean our military (or, these days, a tech company) isn't responsible for something out there that I don't know about. I don't default to alien spacecraft.

I think the odds are that there is life out there on other planets somewhere, but I think the odds they not only exist but are flying around the earth is very, very low.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry

Good ol' Pope Francis  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I saw something back in 1999.  I was at my mom's house in Bucks County.   It was night time.  The object was bright and roundish in shape - and it hovered.  And then it literally disappeared into thin air. 

And the first thing I thought of was a UFO.  It had to have been because I never saw anything like that before.

Cool stuff Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Only the one that looked like Bigfoot. LOL, Nah, just kidding.