Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Caught the Fever?

Our local news also reported that people have been pulled over driving and playing this game.  Idiots behind a wheel. Get out and walk ... that's the purpose. Smiley Sad

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

You can't drive and play. The game is specifically  designed for walking. If you go over 15 mph then you will loose your coordinates. So trying to play while driving is impossible.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Did you know that a teenager (I believe it was reported) found a (dead) body while playing?

Yes I read that.  But that dead body was not the games fault. 

?? I can't imagine why you made that response.

Because of the way I saw it reported on the news. The game is a tracking device so I don't understand why there is a question about my response.

Honored Contributor

I downloaded the app. It took me 2 days to get get in and create an account because the servers are slammed with so many people. After I finally got to make an account, it took me 20 minutes to get logged in - same reason.

I caught a Squirtle in my shower - they put one very close to you to start you off. And then I realized that he'd be my only Pokemon until October, because it's 100 degrees outside every day and there's no way I'm going to wander around out there right now. It was still 84 degrees and 70% humidity when I went to pull my trash can in last night at 10:00. 

But I have friends who are playing and they've already bumped (not literally) into other people playing and have made some new friends, so that's cool.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Did you know that a teenager (I believe it was reported) found a (dead) body while playing?

Yes I read that.  But that dead body was not the games fault. 

?? I can't imagine why you made that response.

Because of the way I saw it reported on the news. The game is a tracking device so I don't understand why there is a question about my response.

SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I downloaded the app. It took me 2 days to get get in and create an account because the servers are slammed with so many people. After I finally got to make an account, it took me 20 minutes to get logged in - same reason.

I caught a Squirtle in my shower - they put one very close to you to start you off. And then I realized that he'd be my only Pokemon until October, because it's 100 degrees outside every day and there's no way I'm going to wander around out there right now. It was still 84 degrees and 70% humidity when I went to pull my trash can in last night at 10:00. 

But I have friends who are playing and they've already bumped (not literally) into other people playing and have made some new friends, so that's cool.

My DD had some issues with the download as well. Yesterday she was over and caught something on my cat who did not seem to like the attention. So far no injuries but I have told her about the news reports. I am too much of a klutz walking so I don't think it would be safe for me to play. It seems like fun though.

Respected Contributor

Perhaps they should rename it Stupid Phone.

Honored Contributor

You can't drive and play. The game is specifically  designed for walking. If you go over 15 mph then you will loose your coordinates. So trying to play while driving is impossible.

Not to the people the news cameras caught.  Apeared they were in a park so perhaps they were going under 15, but they were driving.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Not to the people the news cameras caught.  Apeared they were in a park so perhaps they were going under 15, but they were driving.

It is possible but like I said if you go over 15 it wipes your coordinates and so you loose what you were looking for. It is made for walking plus it makes no sense to drive and play. Its like cheating yourself. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IT'S DANGEROUS.

Bad people wait at secluded or dark areas and rob those who show up, particularly stealing cell phones.

SF Police have been issuing warnings to only go in groups, several people have been mugged already,