Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone seen the Honey Nut Cherrios Commerical ?

It's not a healthy cereal, too much sugar.  So I kind of sigh when I see it.

Honored Contributor

My very favorite was the commercial of the family who had a darling little girl and was expecting her baby brother. She was down with that, but SHE wanted a puppy too. 

Haven't seen that series in a while. I'd love to see the new brother.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Too bad it is hiding the fact that the cereal is like eating a bowl of candy bars with all the sugar in it.      BAD ADVERTISING.

Or you could see the other side.

Promotes parent child play, fun, and interaction.

Selling a food (though processed and against many people's ideas of 'good' food) that is fortified with additional vitamins and minerals, better than many of the other choices on the shelves out there, and not at all 'bad' when eaten in the suggested portion size.

Brightens the day of some of us who see it and makes us smile.

See, there is something good.

When you sell food that is supposed to be harmless and it is not and then you try covering this up that is not  "good for you" JMO. 

I didn't catch the part in the commercial that says the product was harmless. Just where does that occur?

No food, natural, organic, processed etc. can be seen as 'harmless'. It all comes with some chance of a liability (anything from causing someone a food allergy, to possible contamination, to making us fat, or any number of other things). 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Too bad it is hiding the fact that the cereal is like eating a bowl of candy bars with all the sugar in it.      BAD ADVERTISING.

Or you could see the other side.

Promotes parent child play, fun, and interaction.

Selling a food (though processed and against many people's ideas of 'good' food) that is fortified with additional vitamins and minerals, better than many of the other choices on the shelves out there, and not at all 'bad' when eaten in the suggested portion size.

Brightens the day of some of us who see it and makes us smile.

See, there is something good.

Commercials have a hidden addenda. A form of brainwashing.  While you are smiling and being entertained....you are not being told the truth.This is especially true with cereal commercials. There are healthier foods to eat

Maybe some are 'brainwashed' but I'd say that is their problem to figure out. And the 'truth' is subjective. One person's 'truth' is another's fallacy.

And there are aisles full of things much more harmful than Cheerios. 

Geez, the food N***'s are out again.

Honored Contributor

My opinion. Commercial is cute. Product is a box full of sugar. Not for my family. 

Esteemed Contributor

What a bunch of Debbie-Downers !

How wonderful to see a happy family in a loving situation.