Honored Contributor

Re: Harrison Ford's Explanation of Runway Goof

@Pearlee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

According to the chief of neurology at an SF hospital, they can't necessarily detect aging brain issues without an autopsy.

Many people begin having problems well before Ford's age.  With a close older friend of our family, some noticed in his late 60s.

What's significant is a possible pattern, the plane crash and then the flight mishap.  I wonder what his driving has been like?

@Noel7  As written at the time of this incident here, it is completely unfair to blame the prior plane crash he had in that old plane on Ford. His actions were heroic in that incident -- due to his expertise he was able to land the plane away from nearby homes, rather than crash land somewhere, esp. somewhere populated.  Experienced pilots praised his expertise at piloting that allowed him and everyone else to live.  If I recall correctly, that incident was due to the plane's mechanical failure. Why do you blame Ford for that? He did absolutely nothing wrong and everything right.

@Pearlee

I am so sorry you misunderstood what was said.  I commented on a medical procedure used for diagnosis which obviously was not blaming HF 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 I do not believe I misunderstood what you said.  Ford's actions during the crash of that old plane were quite the opposite of any brain deterioration -- he was so astute and his reflexes so good that he was able to land the plane (that, according to other pilots many others would have crashed into the ground rather than land although the landing did crack up the plane) and land it away from the nearby residential areas.

Your earlier remark seems to put his good reflexes and quick thinking in a situation into the same category as this latest landing-in-the-wrong-place-at-the-airport incident and your comment wondering about his driving is also in a negative light.  Everything about his plane crash experience with that old plane showed sound judgment and quick thinking while remaining calm and steady.  I just don't think that is in the same category at all as this latest incident, nor indicative of any brain deterioration.  Quite the contrary as a matter of fact.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Nope, sorry. I included an example of someone else for a reason.  

Honored Contributor

I'll let those that are in authority deal with it. I don't need to play uninformed commentator on it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I think it's time for him to turn in his pilot's license before it's too late.  Next time might be the last time...

In addition to the fact that he is putting other people's lives in jeopardy when he crashes. He seems to have a lot of hubris continuing to fly.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I think it's time for him to turn in his pilot's license before it's too late.  Next time might be the last time...

In addition to the fact that he is putting other people's lives in jeopardy when he crashes. He seems to have a lot of hubris continuing to fly.

@Trinity11

You are on the same track I was, and then chastised for.  Ford may be just fine, but when driving errors begin to happen, it's important watch for a pattern if there is one, and that means with everyone.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Trinity11

You are on the same track I was, and then chastised for.  Ford may be just fine, but when driving errors begin to happen, it's important watch for a pattern if there is one, and that means with everyone.

If he had been anyone other than Harrison Ford, his license  would have been revoked.

Respected Contributor

Ford loves to fly his plane all over and I don't think he will give up his license to pilot anytime soon. The crash only kept him from flying a short time until he could get clearance to fly again. He made a mistake at that airport and it may happen at another airport and he may not get so lucky. I will pray for him. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Trinity11

If he had been anyone other than Harrison Ford, his license  would have been revoked.

@Trinity11

Actually, they wouldn't.   Mistakes happen and both air traffic controllers and pilots aren't perfect.   I say give him the benefit of the doubt, like we would expect if in that position.

Frequent Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

@Trinity11

I think he probably gets special "consideration", Jmho.