Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday, U.S. Air Force!

September 18, 2017 is the 70th anniversary of the formation of the U.S. Air Force!

Thank you so much, all you fly boys and fly gals down the years who have gone into the wild blue yonder, to protect and defend.  It's a leap of faith that you make, a dangerous leap, and i'm so grateful for your service.

I'm a wee bit gun shy about posting links of this kind now.  But if you are interested, you can google lots of sites like military.com or even just 70th Anniversary Air Force to learn more...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Happy Birthday, U.S. Air Force!

Thank you for posting.   My uncle was a pilot in WW II.  Right after the war while planning his wedding he was killed in a commercial plane crash.  I have several cousins who are retired career Air Force.  I will be reading more.

Trusted Contributor

Happy Anniversary!!   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

What a tragedy about your uncle, geller girl.  It sounds like your family has a proud history of Air Force involvement.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy 70th  anniversary air force images

Trusted Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

Happy Anniversary!!   Woman Happy

Oops, Happy Birthday.  Guess I wasn't paying attention.

Respected Contributor

HAPPY BIRTHDAY UNITED STATES AIR FORCE!!!!

The Air force has a special place in my heart as our son just recently became an Airman. We couldn't be more proud of him and excited he's living his dream.Heart

To all our Airmen Thank you for your service!

Respected Contributor

My father was one of six brothers. All of them bravely served our country in various branches of the military, My father was career Air Force and fought in WWII as did two of his brothers, my uncles. The three youngest brothers were in the Marines or Army, two who served in Viet Nam. My brother was in the Army. He died three years ago. They were all loyal patriots who respected our flag.

Honored Contributor

MaRina and Silver Lining, as well as geller girl, what a legacy your families are leaving to the country.  Very moving.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

MaRina and Silver Lining, as well as geller girl, what a legacy your families are leaving to the country.  Very moving.

@Oznell  I cry with pride everyday! 

God Bless America Heart