Esteemed Contributor

Re: Happy Anniversary to The Carters!

Got confused saw your post ....thought you were talking about JayZ & Beyonce'.

It's nice to see love like theirs... Congratulations to. former President and First Lady.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Bless them both!

We were lucky to have such wonderful, giving, caring and loving people serving this country in so many ways. 

They led by example and their morals and convictions were so admired.

Talk about lives well lived!

@Mersha  In terms of us being lucky,  unfortunately job performance is not measured by the qualities you listed. If it was, Jimmy might have had a second term. So, I disagree with your statement.

@Pearlee   I suggest you take time to read of the Carters' contributions to this country AFTER he left the White House, global peace initiatives, humanitarian, and social.

You might not be aware of all that was accomplished.

But, hey, disagree away!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

What he did in the White House is what I will judge him by. What he did outside of it really is neither here nor there for me. We have a career and then we can have hobbies. 

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Bless them both!

We were lucky to have such wonderful, giving, caring and loving people serving this country in so many ways. 

@Mersha  In terms of us being lucky,  unfortunately job performance is not measured by the qualities you listed. If it was, Jimmy might have had a second term. So, I disagree with your statement.

@Pearlee   I suggest you take time to read of the Carters' contributions to this country AFTER he left the White House, global peace initiatives, humanitarian, and social.

But, hey, disagree away!

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Bless them both!

But, hey, disagree away!

@Mersha. No need to read anything else. I'm aware ofwhat he's done since leaving office. Rosalyn too.

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Bless them both!

But, hey, disagree away!

If being truthful, his accomplishments were few. But go ahead, believe what you want.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   We will agree to disagree.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Happy Anniversary Heart

Respected Contributor

How very precious and how happy I hope they are...

Respected Contributor

@RetRN     "His accomplishments were few."  I guess you have not read anything about how the Carters have spent the years after leaving the White House.  We should all be so dedicated to serving our fellow man and making this world a better place rather than serving ourselves. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There really can be no argument, he was not a particularly accomplished president but he is and long has been a solid man, a good person and a caring human being. Best wishes to the Carters.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...