Honored Contributor

The real deal, 70% alcohol. Very pricey, 10 bottles of 8 oz each are $98 plus $7 for shipping. You can also order 5 bottles. 

Honored Contributor

Much cheaper to make your own using vodka if you can't find rubbing alcohol, recipes are online.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Shame on people that take advantage of people who are desperate for something and will overpay for it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle 

That's quite pricey, but would likely last a long time.

I recently made some for my husband using aloe gel and alcohol.  He was quite happy with it.  I did use the higher level alcohol as that was all I had.

I'm at home, so wash my hands.  But he is still working and rarely has access to water.

Honored Contributor

I’m lucky. I don’t need hand sanitizer. I’m working from home and rarely have to go out. If I do, it is for a grocery pickup and I don’t have to leave the car. I just wash my hands well once home and after touching/unpacking things.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hand Sanitizer on SHQ

[ Edited ]

I purchased it. It works out to a little of $10 a bottle which is what I was paying for large bottles of 70% before the "Panic". I have a good friend, inlaws and a household with compromised immune systems. Keeping this in the car is what we all do plus one at the front door. 

Worth it to me/us.

Edited to add: @Shelbelle  Thank you for this heads up!!!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

I saw hand sanitizer at Sam's Club yesterday.   I think it was 8 oz for $3.68.  Only contained 62.5 alcohol.

Respected Contributor

No way, I'll stick with soap and water...

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC, on my local ABC channel  they had a show on last night called Localish. One of the stories was about a distillery that is making hand sanitizer with the vodka they have ( they use a high concentrated vodka that is flammable). They are giving it away for free to anyone, you must bring your own bottles. They gave some to a police department and to medical staff.

Honored Contributor

@KatieBThat's pretty much what I'm doing -   no one but me coming into the house now and I have plenty of wipes to clean up after myself and I've been carrying some with me on the few trips out of the house, but I haven't touched anything out of my own house since a week ago yesterday.

If I had to go out or someone in my home did -  I'd be looking for sanitizer though.  Haven't seen it where I've shopped within the last 30+ days.  No sanitizer, no bleach, no high-level alcohol.