Respected Contributor

Somebody, Please Respond

[ Edited ]

I posted this in the "Kitchen" Forum and there were no responses.  So I'm trying the "Community."

Any of you who own a Kitchenaid 6 qt. stand mixer, would you please let me know where this was manufactured.  I want to purchase one, but not if it isn't made in the USA.

ETA Costco has it on sale -- regularly $330, reduced to 

$250 with free shipping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody, Please Respond

From allamericanreviewdotcom December 2019:

Verdict: Are KitchenAid Mixers Made in the USA?

Yes, the famous KitchenAid stand mixer is still made in the USA. They’ve been manufactured in the KitchenAid factory in Greenville, Ohio since 1941, coming in 8 models and over 30 different colors.

KitchenAid also has U.S. manufacturing facilities in South Carolina, Ohio, Arkansas, Indiana, Tennessee, and Mississippi. However, even though the stand mixers are still made in America, not all KitchenAid products are produced domestically. They have a few select appliances that are made in various countries like Canada, Mexico, India, and China.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker : Don't have the one you listed. I purchased the 5 quart in 2001-something broke and extended warranty replaced in 2011- stated parts imported but assembled in USA. This one leaked oil. KA stated letting it sit to long without being used, research on line= issue that a lot of the previous steel parts now replaced with plastic parts like gears. Last Saturday- the part that holds the beaters fell off. Sadly products today are more expensive but use cheap parts. Finished with KA products. Purchased a Cuisinart stand mixer. I understand that with any brand available some are good and have a lemon among them. Sorry that I could not provide the information that you needed. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

In general, many of them are still made in the USA but I've seen ones listed here on QVC that were made in China.  Also applies to other KA appliances sold here.

If it were me, I would go with another brand as KA is not what they used to be ever since they sold out to a different company for manufacturing.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt : Someone told me this week that KitchenAid is now manufactured by Whirlpool but haven't researched this. I had a KitchenAid small chopper that I purchased from QVC that I used and love but it quit working and replaced with one from Cuisinart. Southern Bee

Esteemed Contributor

I have found that brands like Dooney and Bourk make some items which are unique to QVC.  

Recently I had some plumbing work done and found that Khohler insides for Home Depot are different.  

Somehow I suspect that QVC Kitchen Aid are iffy too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@chickenbutt : Someone told me this week that KitchenAid is now manufactured by Whirlpool but haven't researched this. I had a KitchenAid small chopper that I purchased from QVC that I used and love but it quit working and replaced with one from Cuisinart. Southern Bee

@SouthernBee 

You are correct about this.

As well as your previous post that observed that even if manufactured in the US, the products could be made from imported parts.  

Pretty much all things are like that nowadays, though.

Honored Contributor

LOT better brands then Kitchen Aid. That 'name' has lost it's luster.

I'd go with Cuisinart. I've got 1 and a Smeg brand.

I've sent 2 KA's back and got one I'm trying to get rid of tired of fighting with the beater taking off and back on. Not smooth operation.

Esteemed Contributor

Today, some KitchenAid products are manufactured in Ohio, South Carolina, Iowa, Mississippi, Indiana, Arkansas, Ontario, and Quebec while others are manufactured in China, and its appliances are distributed throughout North America. All KitchenAid stand mixers are assembled in its factory in Greeley, Ohio. The die- cast parts of the machines come from various manufacturing plants around the world and are hand worked to remove imperfections on the metal cases.  (source wikipedia)

Trusted Contributor

@coffee drinker  I just Googled it and it said that Kitchen Aid stand mixers are still made in the U.S.A.  But, not All Kitchen Aid products are made here - some items are being made in China. HTH

F/N/A luvstogarden