Honored Contributor

Hair coming off today!

[ Edited ]

My hair hasn't been cut for over two years.  It is all the way down my back.  It is also falling out.  I have asked my former haircut professional (my daughter) to please cut it shoulder length today.  I need it long enough to still put it in a short ponytail at the nape of my neck.  The rest of it . . . gone!

It doesn't help that it tangles when I'm sleeping and aggravates my already chronically itching back which is either senile pruritus or stems from my autoimmune diseases.

I style it "up" 99% of the time anyway.

I'm wondering if I can have a hairpiece made of it.  I think I'll google that right now!

Oh how I hate getting old.  Everything is declining.  Except for the "better than the alternative" cliche, I can see nothing good about it . . . in many ways.

So . . . good morning everyone!!

ETA:  Hairpiece not a good idea.  They want it cut to the scalp and I ain't doin' that!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, don't know if this has happened to you ,but i do not have to shave my legs very often ,where hair use to grow,it no longer does!!!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

You can donate it if it's a certain length.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you about getting older, but,

Image result for old age thoughts pics

Honored Contributor

Donate your long locks to provide wigs for cancer patients and children with hair loss. Childhood Leukemia Foundation. The Childhood Leukemia Foundation accepts hair donations for the Hugs-U-Wear program, which gives wigs to girls who have suffered hair loss as a result of cancer treatments.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@LilacTree, don't know if this has happened to you ,but i do not have to shave my legs very often ,where hair use to grow,it no longer does!!!!!

And where you don't want it to grow it does....above your lip!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest

I am completely hairless everywhere since menopause and the onset of Hashimoto's.  I haven't shaved my underarms, arms, legs, or any other part of my body in over 25 years.

(I used to be a hairy little Italian girl, had dark hair everywhere!)

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Cut mine every 6 wks.  Long hair especially when we're older turns grey and ages you. Who wants to maintain something that makes you look haggard and tired.

Congrats !

Honored Contributor

Change is difficult, especially as you get older, but look at how much lighter you will feel!  Now that should make you smile!  Your hair might be a great change, but it will probably be a shock and you will hate it at first.

It is a drastic change but give it some time and you never know--you might love it in a few days!  Run your fingers through it and shake your head!  

Good luck with it!  I hope it makes you smile!  

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Donate your long locks to provide wigs for cancer patients and children with hair loss. Childhood Leukemia Foundation. The Childhood Leukemia Foundation accepts hair donations for the Hugs-U-Wear program, which gives wigs to girls who have suffered hair loss as a result of cancer treatments.

@Preds

It's completely white and very thin.  Don't know if they would want it, but it's a good idea and I will look into it.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Formerly Ford1224