Super Contributor

I did like a lot of celebrities. I cut mine boy short and have wigs for dress up occasions.  So cool and easy!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@LilacTree I would look at it as an adventure.  Aging is part of the many phases we go through in life.  I know you don't like 'growing old' but you won't be the first in the entirety of all the females who've ever lived.  Locks for Love accepts hair to make hair pieces for people on chemo.  Relax and enjoy the ride.

@Puzzle Piece

Actually, LoveRoses, I really feel lucky to have lived this long.  I think if I had better health, I would not be so down on aging

@LilacTree You always come across as healthy and vibrant.  You haven't let your health issues stop that.  I've lived longer than predicted by the medical community predicted.  I've also had chemo and hair gone as well.  It really takes courage to 'age' and I am my own hero for living, loving, and posting on this forum.  Best to You. 

@Puzzle Piece

I love what you said.  I will remind myself of that when I get up in the morning.  I post early compared to the rest of the country, and sign off earlier as well.  I don't want to think of myself as setting a negative tone.  Thank you!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I think you should be daring and do something like Katy Perry's sassy undercut.  Has everyone seen her new "break-up" haircut (from Orlando Bloom) -- at least that's what the media is calling it.  I think it's outrageously beautiful on her. I would do it.

Katy Perry's new cutKaty Pery, Haircut

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Cut mine every 6 wks.  Long hair especially when we're older turns grey and ages you. Who wants to maintain something that makes you look haggard and tired.

Congrats !

I've seen pictures of Ford and her hair is beautiful - not the least bit haggard and tired looking.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree

I just wanted to say that I loved the shorter, layered cut you had in your previous avatar pic!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I think you should be daring and do something like Katy Perry's sassy undercut.  Has everyone seen her new "break-up" haircut (from Orlando Bloom) -- at least that's what the media is calling it.  I think it's outrageously beautiful on her. I would do it.

Another pic of Katie's new do, shows the shaved sides:

Inspiration: She revealed her inspiration was Michelle Williams, but the end result looked just like Miley Cryus' 2012 hairdo

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LilacTree

I just wanted to say that I loved the shorter, layered cut you had in your previous avatar pic!Heart

@KingstonsMom

That was also long hair, IG, just worn up.  I can't remember when I had short hair, but I do remember that it was still dark then and I've been going white since I was in my early sixties.  Used to dye what I called my "skunk stripe."  When I retired, I did cut it shorter to let the white grow in and haven't changed it since.

I can't put anything on my scalp because the RA has made it chronically sore, so even if I didn't like it being white I wouldn't be able to do anything about it.  So no dyes, no perms, even some shampoos are no-no.  I can only use Dove.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest....and where you don't want it to grow (chin), there they are!!!!

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@SaRina

And she's outrageously young and beautiful.  I have seen this photo, and she can do anything she wants.  She is known for wearing many wigs. 

I did buy a wig about two weeks ago, and I can't get it to look right on me, and I can't return it, they don't take returns.  Wigs generally are too shiny and have way too much hair.  My opinion only.  I wish I could wear them.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest You should ask your doctor to check your thyroid. Often when you no longer have hair in places where you normally do  like arms and legs it is a sign of thyroid disease.