Super Contributor

My neighbors are out there, running power tools and banging away with hammers, but it's 10:45 am and they started only a short time ago. The day care kids are gone for the weekend and the neighborhood screamers haven't started, yet.

It's going to be a warm, sunshiney day and I've been workingout in the yards/gardens, getting them tidied up. My cat Boo and I enjoyed rolling around on the grass and in the catnip while I gave him tummy rubs, ear scritchies, and kitty pittys, while all along he was purring and making biscuits.

I planted pumpkins along the edges of my front yard lawn and WOW, are they huge--just the plants, so far. The flowers have been pollinated (sometimes they haven't) so unless disaster strikes, I'm going to have some fine, home-grown jack-o-lanterns this year. Next year I think I'm going to plant a whole lot more and give them away to the neighborhood children--yes, to the screamers too. Maybe it'll keep them too busy to scream {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

This is the last weekend DH and I will have to ourselves for a while. My sister's been visiting her family in another state and it's been nice to be just the two of us. Of course I'm glad she's coming back but now I have to close the bedroom door when I'm getting dressed.Wink And I've also suggested--only jokingly--that she stay away longer because it seems like every time she goes to visit her family, the Mariners have a winning streak.

I hope the rest of this weekend is as good as this morning has been, and I hope it is for you too.