Honored Contributor

Friday flashback: the 70's

[ Edited ]

Little-to-no injections, plastic surgery, or obesity - yeah, baby, yeeaaahhhh!

Not enough diversity, though. 

A perfect match! Retro catalogue snaps reveal VERY outlandish his and hers outfits worn by couples in the 1970s

• Photos from 1970s catalogues reveal hilarious his and hers matching outfits
  • Some couples are seen dressed in matching jumpsuits and hot pants 
  • Others are snapped posing in co-ordinated patterned swimwear for summer 

From hot pants to jumpsuits, these retro catalogue photos reveal the outrageous matching outfits worn by couples in the 1970s. 

BoredPanda.com collated a selection of the hilarious his and hers outfits that were once advertised as fashion must-haves.  

In one vintage image, a duo proudly model matching v-neck mustard jumpsuits complete with strappy sandals and a ruffle hat.

Another photo shows a group of men wearing boot-cut trousers with extravagant patterns.

Here are some of the best examples... 

Bored Panda rounded up a selection of outlandish his and hers outfits advertised in 1970s clothing catalogues. In this one a couple wear very daring matching yellow jumpsuits
One advert shows a man and a woman wearing high-waist dungarees paired with floral shirts

A pair who appeared to be posing against a library backdrop wore the same patterned jumper in different colours teamed with black trousers

Another couple shared a milkshake as they advertised snowflake print sweatshirts paired with pale blue shirts, the man had the addition of a bow tie to differentiate his look

A duo who wore wide-leg blue boiler suits with black boots stood boldly in a living room decorated in vintage interior 

Teens posed in matching stripe dungarees worn over blue shirts

A couple modeled brown tie-waist coats paired with stripe trousers and high-neck tops

Another catalogue showed how a couple could wear the same print either as a robe or swimwear set for a day at the beach

A group of party goers posed in metallic and grey boiler suits, with the couple on the right looking particularly fetching
One catalogue showed how couples could wear the exact same outfit from head-to-toe

This fetching ribbed jumper works for men or women
Another vintage image shows a woman wearing the same outfit as a man but teamed with shorts instead of boot-cut trousers

A retro print features on a hooded jacket worn by both men and women in one advert 
---
Honored Contributor

Re: Friday flashback: the 70's

@feline groovy 

The outfits, imo, are pretty terrible.

Just think, in 10 years they will be laughing at us for reading “bored panda.”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! Never wore that! Thank goodness. I love to see fashions from the past. Hairstyles always crack me up. 

Honored Contributor

Just like my childhood photos.  My sister and I dressed like twins and there are 17 months between us.  I hated it!

Honored Contributor

The photo next to last ("Make the Scene") is hilarious with the girl's face in line with the crotches of the guys in their tight pants.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy 

OUCH !!!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Other than turtlenecks and sweater vests,  I don't see anything here that remotely rings any bells regarding styles we wore in the 70's.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee didnt I see those same styles on QVC's recent fashion shows.....

Image result for real cats in bell bottoms

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy  Love the looks

Not sure what to get my husband with so many great choices,

matching turtlenecks, jumpsuits or sweaters.

So many lovely fashion choices!😊

Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Gee didnt I see those same styles on QVC's recent fashion shows.....

Image result for real cats in bell bottoms

Lol!