Respected Contributor

Re: Friday flashback: the 70's

The 70's had the ugliest clothing trends seen in decades.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to pretend I didn't see these.

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOL

@Cakers3 wrote:

Other than turtlenecks and sweater vests,  I don't see anything here that remotely rings any bells regarding styles we wore in the 70's.

That is exactly what I said to myself when I saw the pictures.  Maybe we dressed differently in every state.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Woman LOL

@Cakers3 wrote:

Other than turtlenecks and sweater vests,  I don't see anything here that remotely rings any bells regarding styles we wore in the 70's.

That is exactly what I said to myself when I saw the pictures.  Maybe we dressed differently in every state.  Woman LOL

@Lindsays Grandma  I remember maxi-coats with hoods-we all looked like Druids.

And Betsey Johnson dresses.

Lace up knee high leather boots.

Hang 10 brand tops and matching pants.

Those outfits above are just fugly.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Thank goodness I was just a little girl in the 70’s. I was sporting a very groovy shag for my drill team pictures! That ****** dress was so ITCHY!

61A75FF1-BCFD-469E-82F4-15920057D73A.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Just like my childhood photos.  My sister and I dressed like twins and there are 17 months between us.  I hated it!

My sister and I were born 10 months and three weeks apart and thank goodness we were never dressed as twins because we didn't resemble one another at all.   Not only did we not look alike, our personalities were like night and day.  No one could ever say we were like two peas in a pod.  Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

The photo next to last ("Make the Scene") is hilarious with the girl's face in line with the crotches of the guys in their tight pants.

Cat LOL

Never gave it a thought until you mentioned it.  Woman Wink Woman LOL