Honored Contributor

Re: Freebies for VETS on Tuesday

This is nice to see, and a wonderful thread, Deb.Smile

I can't help but wish we offered our thanks and special services to our honorable veterans every day of the year. Perhaps one of the military websites has a list of businesses providing these year-round.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

We shopped at Publix today and got $24+ discount. Not too shabby, eh????{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

We went to Chilis for lunch today and didn't know DH would eat free" he was loving that and appreciated it so much.....although he has been out of the USAF for many years, I know it always means a lot to him to have his service acknowledged.
Frequent Contributor

Took DH for a haircut at Great Clips yesterday. Not at all busy, they had extra staff in who were very respectful. Nice experience for us both.
Respected Contributor

I heard a young guy in Uniform..yesterday that he is in the ROTC and Reserves..so he put on his Uniform and went out and about town collecting all of his freebies!

Honored Contributor

Someone in ROTC is neither a vet or an active duty serviceman.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/12/2014 kachina624 said: Someone in ROTC is neither a vet or an active duty serviceman.

You are correct. - but pretty clever on his part. LOL

Respected Contributor

My husband was a Marine in Vietnam. He refuses all these freebies. He thinks if someone was wounded they should be treated to anything anyone wants to provide. Since he made it home in one piece, he doesn't participate in the veteran appreciation actions. He also remembers how he was greeted when he arrived back in the USA. It was not a hero's welcome.

Honored Contributor

Perkins had a free breakfast meal -- you could order it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My brother had it for dinner. I ordered a large appetizer to go with his "meal."

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/12/2014 di-mc said:

My husband was a Marine in Vietnam. He refuses all these freebies. He thinks if someone was wounded they should be treated to anything anyone wants to provide. Since he made it home in one piece, he doesn't participate in the veteran appreciation actions. He also remembers how he was greeted when he arrived back in the USA. It was not a hero's welcome.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Your post makes no sense. So, he's cutting off his nose to spite his face because of one bad day????{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}