Respected Contributor

Found Stray Dog in Front Yard This Morning and of course Animal Control is closed on the Weekend.

The church ladies we out today and I noticed as I yelled out the window not interested I saw a dog in my front yard. They said the dog had been following them all over the place. Why can't people get a tag, it makes me so mad. This dog is gorgeous. A man drove by and said he saw the dog 3 blocks over. I have rescued 80 strays over the years and do not want to do this anymore with taking them in, posting a ad, calling AC and hoping someone calls. Well, I did it anyway and 10 hours later I still have the dog.

A young chocolate lab that is beautiful, friendly, affectionate and very energetic. Since AC doesn't work on the weekends and no one has answered my Craigslist ad, I am struck until Monday. But you can still call 911 and they have a list of lost dogs reported. My dog hates other dogs but just hides behind me. I found out the lab does not like cats and almost got mine this evening. He's been locked in the back room all day and came to the door as the dog was coming through. The dog cornered the cat and I had to break it up. I was hoping someday to maybe get another dog, and this dog seemed perfect except for the cat and my Teddy is too old to play or want to be messed with. So to the pound he will go. It will make me sick when this happens...

This dog has been running through the house for 12 hours and just wants to play. I am all played out. I have been sat on, jumped on, kissed and nibbled to death. I just hope the dog is not pregnant, no scar and probably between 1 and 2 years old. Nor sure what to do about sleeping arrangement between the two dogs. I don't have a kennel big enough. I guess I will let him have the couch and shut the door and hope he doesn't bark. Well she just passed out for the first time today. Why do they look like angels when they are sleeping? Plus it rained and she hates storms. My poor cat back in the backroom, I hate it but my house is small and there aren't many options and that's the only way out the back door. How can owners not know their dog is missing. It won't be the first time someone threw their dog out. Wish me luck that someone calls.