Contributor

Food Ingredient Experts (Cat)

Food ingredient labels confuse me, I know to look for "whole" meats and not processed, or parts, and these things need to be the main/first ingredients.

I've switched my (3) cats over to Blue Buffalo - Finicky. (They were on Science Diet, Sensitive Stomach). The Blue Buffalo ingredients are better, and it's true, the Finicky one is good for cats that don't like other foods. I was very pleasantly suprised that all 3 of mine love it!

I'm starting to wonder if I should try one of their BASIC, or the new GRAIN FREE styles by Blue Buffalo. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but my male, Aja is a hair puller. (We call him "the Cutter"). He grooms, grabs mouthfuls and yanks it out. (He doesn't have patches, he has stripes missing). Various vets don't think it's anything physical, possibly neurotic - he's more a nervous boy. I wonder if it could be allergies, and I'd like to try to switch food. (Of course I'd have to switch all 3). I LIKE the Blue Buffalo FINICKY, but I think there are grains in it. Anyone able to tell me - any ladies that are GOOD at reading ingredients, what the difference is between Blue Buffalo FINICKY, the BASICS (which says it's for food sensitivity), or the new FREEDOM (Grain Free)?

I'd like to be able to make a more educated decision - thanks!