Honored Contributor

One of the worst things with the new board is the different font sizes, especially the really big ones.  Some people not only use the huge font sizes but they use all bolded (which is very rude, like yelling) and it hurts the eyeballs.  Smiley Happy     I have to blow past most of thoes before I get a headache.

The colors, too.  yikes!  Some of those colors make your head explode.

Anyway, what a person can do on their own end is enlarge the pages they use.   I choose a size of the page, which also enlarges fonts and makes things customized to your own needs without having to force them on others.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, how do you do the paragraphs?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Hi Goldens!  You just 'enter' down two lines.

Honored Contributor

I use the default size and manage my own display settings so they show a larger font on my end. If you set your post font manually, it overrides a user's preference and I don't like to do that because it takes away options they might need and may too hard for others to read.

If you do manually set your font size at the post level, I appreciate it when you go larger instead of smaller. If a post is too small or uses a font style or color I find hard to read, I won't read it at all. Sorry if you needed an answer and I had it, but that's what happens.

Honored Contributor

Exactly, CB.  This is what I've been trying to communicate for the last year and a half since the new board but there are those who just don't want to listen. 

The size of font in Cherry's OP was not bad at all.  Some of them are so freaking huge that it's like an attack when you get to a post with that font.  Then multiply that times a zillion when they post in all bolded (yelling) and use one of the really bright/obnoxious colors.  

Personally, I'm ok with the standard and I don't change it at all.  But I also have my page set to somewhere between 125% and 150%.    What works for me might not work for somebody else.

Honored Contributor

Okay chickenbutt, going to try that,thanks.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, I guess i just don't understand what you mean about doing paragraphs.

Honored Contributor

goldensrbest wrote:

@chickenbutt, I guess i just don't understand what you mean about doing paragraphs.

When you're typing and want to move your cursor down two lines to create a new paragraph, just use the 'enter' key on the keyboard and hit it twice.   That will move your cursor down two lines (one time each time you hit the key).

The 'enter' key is just to the right of the 'L' key and the colon and comma keys.  It should say 'enter' right on the key.

Hope that helps.  Sorry to seem elusive.   I've typed for so many years that I just assume people are familiar with the keys.   That was wrong of me.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't see any difference between your "3" and my "4".

@Kachina624, ah come on ... there is a difference, even if it is a small one ... that is why one is "3" and the other is "4" ... Woman LOL LOL!

~

Mine is a "3"

Yours is a "4"

Esteemed Contributor

I try to always use 3.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein