Honored Contributor

It's not only a fast, easy gift - it's a thoughtful gift.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PenneyT  Thank you for that thoughtful idea!  I may be delivering a little gift to neighbors after all!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor
@PenneyT
What a great idea that was! I already had some cute rustic printed deep boxes that are holiday pine cone themed. Just filled them with 3 pieces of beautiful fruit, some Lindt truffles, Toblerone mini candy bars them tossed in some Hershey Hugs for the sentiment. Had some clear crystalline bags from the local party store. Pulled it all together and tied with a big bow, which I learned how to make on-line at QVC! Trust me, I am no Martha Stewart and these look fantastic! Like mini gift baskets! If I knew how to post I pic I would! Very impressive! Thank you for a great idea that took minutes to make! Another great idea from the boards!
"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

I remember growing up where adults gave oranges and nuts to everyone in a tiny paper bag.  It was always fun to receive them.    Yum always.  Thanks for the memories.  It still remains a great gift.

@onewhiteSparrow

We always got apples, oranges and nuts in our stockingHeart

Yes, it is a nice memory when life was simpleHeart

Super Contributor

Ladies (and any Gents!), thank you for your kind words, and Jacie, your gift boxes sound beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

I do remember the fruit and the nuts and candy as well.  Sadly, my neighbors are very materialistic and it would not be well received.  Even at the holiday party I recently attended, the fruit had to be presented in such a way that it appeared glamouous and less that humble. I appreciate fruit, the nuts, the tea bags, and all the small charming items that creative folks add. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I saw some of those much-advertised Halos at the store yesterday and couldn't believe how tiny they were... About the size of a ping-pong ball.   No wonder they market them to children.   Cute in a gift bag though. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment