Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

And even the sherrif is stating that the girl bears responsibility for how this scenario played out, for acting out to the level that the officer even had to be called in.

So it goes. She bears as much responsibility as he did (more because she started it) for what happened to her.

Is there a news source where I can read this? Thanks. 

@Say Nay

Yes in the link that the OP posted herself, then argues about what is in it.

You have it backwards.  Even the sheriff in charge can't make you understand what he said,

I understand, you're just devastated that even the Sheriff says you're wrong and won't support the bullying you think is normal and acceptable.

You can repeat that over and over, but you still lost.  Your approval of bullying and assault is wrong. 

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

And even the sherrif is stating that the girl bears responsibility for how this scenario played out, for acting out to the level that the officer even had to be called in.

So it goes. She bears as much responsibility as he did (more because she started it) for what happened to her.

He said she bore responsibility for the officer being called in, NOT for the assault.

The CNN link has it, Smaug.

Well, lets just look at chain of events. If she hadn't behaved in a way for him to be called, then she wouldn't have even had to be in a position to have happen to her what did. Chain of events, that she is responsible not only for initiating, but for escalating after repeated interaction by school staff.

@Mominohio  This is a high school full of teenagers. There will be misbehavior. That doesn't mean that an officer has a right to use excessive force to assualt a child. Does this mean that a grown man has the right to body slam a child or even if the person is an adult with exessive force because the other person 'started it'?  

I think many here are losing sight of the real issue; the use of EXCESSIVE force. The situation did not warrant his use of force. Period. The issue is not if the student hit him or not or if she started it. He's not supposed to hit her period. What is so hard to understand? Any force he uses on his part needs to be defensive. In the video you can clearly see she is seated without attacking him before he body slams her. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Amazing that there are people who are so willing to give some people a pass concerning their behavior and crucify others.  When you put yourself into situatiopns where bad things can happen, don't be suprised when they do.

When we put ourselves in a situation we do so as adults. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@physicsnut wrote:

@Smaug wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I also heard the sheriff state this on last night's news update.  This would have never started if the girl had obeyed her teacher and put her cell away which was against class policy.  She refused x 3. 

But heaven forbid that we make what has been reported as an 18 year old be responsible for their own behavior and actions. (some reports say 16 some say 18).

Hopefully a lesson learned by her and others that witnessed the event, that sometimes the consequences of your actions/behavior aren't equal to the 'crime', so think about that before you think the rules don't apply to you.

Probibly the only lesson learned will be the amount of the pay out they get from the lawsuit.

I hate to say it but you are right. And that is why things won't get better. Because everyone sues and gets a big settlement to reward their bad behavior.

Honored Contributor

It's amazing that the same people who often complain that we have such a violent society are the first to support its use, even against children.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

He's a large man. And it was mentioned yesterday about an award he received. He recieved that award through an elementary school. 

r.jpeg

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

Regardless if she is 16 or 60 to pull her out of the chair like that shows how little respect he has for his community and the people he serves. 

Think of it this way what if that was your child? Would you really be OK with somebody viciously man handling them. I would not even remember what I would do to that man if he dared to do that to my child. 

If the level of disrespect and number of times she was instructed to comply are correct as reported at this time, then I would be OK with what he did if it were my child. We raised our child to understand that the rules are the rules for everyone, and when those in authority are asking you to follow those rules, don't make them ask twice, or accept what they dole out. 

If you don't agree with the rules, the person in authority asking you to do something, do what you are told, and take it up through the proper channels. Being the reason a situation escalates is only going to lead to a worse outcome, so don't be a part of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Amazing that there are people who are so willing to give some people a pass concerning their behavior and crucify others.  When you put yourself into situatiopns where bad things can happen, don't be suprised when they do.

When we put ourselves in a situation we do so as adults. 

Even children are taught not to put themselves into bad situations, i.e don't go with strangers. Why do some get a pass and others do not, is there some magic formula I missed when you are no longer responsible for you actions.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

It's amazing that the same people who often complain that we have such a violent society are the first to support its use, even against children.

Exactly who is supporting violence against children???  Really searching for ways to insult people today.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

For everyone else, I would agree. But police are not SUPPOSED to do this. 

There is no reason why he should have over-reacted like he did.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames