Valued Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

If you have 7 minutes, this  will help you remember movies and shows he appeared in.

His speaking voice was beautiful.

TRIBUTE

His speaking voice sounds a lot like Frank Sinatra.

Esteemed Contributor

He also saved a person's life one time. Don't recall the details but I read a little bit about him after seeing Butterflies are Free.

I ordered Goldie Hawn's autobiography specifically because I thought she might discuss the film and working with him ~ she didn't even mention him! 

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

He also saved a person's life one time. Don't recall the details but I read a little bit about him after seeing Butterflies are Free.

I ordered Goldie Hawn's autobiography specifically because I thought she might discuss the film and working with him ~ she didn't even mention him! 

@YorkieonmyPillow Did Goldie mention her ex (Hudson) in the book?  I always wondered what happened there, the truth, not just one side.  She really seemed to loathe him.  Did the kids disown their dad in lieu of Russell?  Or did the dad neglect the kids.  Just wondering what GH's side says.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow Did Goldie mention her ex (Hudson) in the book?  I always wondered what happened there, the truth, not just one side.  She really seemed to loathe him.  Did the kids disown their dad in lieu of Russell?  Or did the dad neglect the kids.  Just wondering what GH's side says.

It's been a while since I read it, but I don't recall her mentioning anything of that nature.

It was mostly about her lifestyle. It was actually rather boring - I threw it away after I read it.

I've read a bit about the Bill Hudson situation and it seems like Goldie didn't make it easy for him to see his kids. When it was his turn for visitation, they would be in Aspen or somewhere.

I think he resented it and so, wasn't as attentive to them as he could have been because he felt sabotaged.....I recall reading how Kate Hudson went off on him because he didn't call her on her birthday, etc.

I think Goldie had to pay out $$$$ when they divorced, so she was probably holding a grudge....IDK.

Respected Contributor

How sad.  They're making many strides in treating cancer.  What a great day it will be when there is a cure.  That day will come.

Honored Contributor

Very sad.  Thank you for this remembrance.

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It's been a while since I read it, but I don't recall her mentioning anything of that nature.

It was mostly about her lifestyle. It was actually rather boring - I threw it away after I read it.

I've read a bit about the Bill Hudson situation and it seems like Goldie didn't make it easy for him to see his kids. When it was his turn for visitation, they would be in Aspen or somewhere.

I think he resented it and so, wasn't as attentive to them as he could have been because he felt sabotaged.....I recall reading how Kate Hudson went off on him because he didn't call her on her birthday, etc.

I think Goldie had to pay out $$$$ when they divorced, so she was probably holding a grudge....IDK.

I heard an interview many many years ago that Kate gave and she more or less gave me the impression that she wanted Kurt Russell to be her dad. 

I honestly think she had a major crush on him the way she was talking about him.  So it seems anything would be good ammo for her to rail against her real dad.

I always felt sorry for him because of this.  It was always made to look like he was the bad guy, and I don't think he was the bad guy.  I always thought Goldie was.  jmho. 

Honored Contributor

Both Sr. And Jr. were multitalented performers.

Both had fine voices and were at least competent guitarists. Sr. had a long successful career in movies before "Green Acres".

Jr. died far too young.

Esteemed Contributor

Eddie Albert Sr.  was an outstanding person.  A WW2 hero among many other things.  I heard a report about him years ago and was really impressed.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@maestra wrote:

DH very very close to actress Eileen Heckert who appeared as the imposing matriarch in Butterflies are Free.

He was just another 'son' running around w/her 3 sons.

Loved Eileen Heckart!  Starting with The Bad Seed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~