Honored Contributor

Edward Albert Jr

[ Edited ]

While googling Green Acres Eddie Albert. Came across his son Edward Albert Jr. Loved him in the movie with Goldie Hawn "Butter Flies are Free" back in 1972. 14 yrs old didn't appreciate the movie until years later. Sad to read Edward Jr passed 2006 at 55 of lung cancer. His Dad lived until 99 yrs old passed 2005. Jr took care of Edward Sr for 10yrs he suffered Alzheimer. Two wonderful men. Gave so much to the world. RIP 🌷

Esteemed Contributor

I love that movie, too. Eddie Albert Jr. was very attractive.

Valued Contributor

What a shame. I don't remember hearing about Eddie Jr's passing.  I remember how cute I thought he was back in the day.

Honored Contributor

Re: Eddie Albert Jr

[ Edited ]

Shocked reading Eddie Jr passed. Kate Jackson & Eddie back in the early 70's were a couple, Eddie wrote a song for her. Came across YouTube video while on Google. Very touching watching him sing to her. They ended up going separate ways. So sad he passed so young. He did smoke when younger not sure if he continued smoking? Lung cancer happens to non smokers also. Of course, We now know smoking contributions higher risk of several unhealthy circumstances. His wife also passed from cancer soon after. They had one child a daughter. 

Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear about Eddie Albert Jr. My hubster and I  went to see this movie ( our first movie we seen while dating) We were married in 1973 and I still remember how much I loved that movie. At the time I didn't even realize that was Eddie Albert's son. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Eddie Albert Jr

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity

I LOVED Butterflies are Free.  The entire cast was wonderful.  I wonder why it's never shown (that I 've seen) on TCM. Here's a great clip.

Edward Albert Jr. was a handsome guy.  His father was on a recent Columbo rerun we watched.

PS

I fixed the link!

Honored Contributor

I think he used Edward Albert professionally .

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

If you have 7 minutes, this  will help you remember movies and shows he appeared in.

His speaking voice was beautiful.

TRIBUTE

Respected Contributor

DH very very close to actress Eileen Heckert who appeared as the imposing matriarch in Butterflies are Free.

He was just another 'son' running around w/her 3 sons.

Honored Contributor

I remember Edward Albert doing a Love Boat episode where his parents were Little People, it was very well done.