Honored Contributor

Re: Easter dessert question...

On 3/31/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

One of the desserts I was making is a coconut cake so perhaps I will make this bunny cake just using my recipe, (Alton Brown's recipe actually). It is very cute!!

Then maybe my family will request the Easter Poodle Cake each year. (Cute story)

Coconut, of course! Another Easter classic Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 3/31/2014 FUTURE said:

One of the desserts I was making is a coconut cake so perhaps I will make this bunny cake just using my recipe, (Alton Brown's recipe actually). It is very cute!!

Then maybe my family will request the Easter Poodle Cake each year. (Cute story)

Coconut cake is one of my favorite dessert -- I have it maybe once a year. My mother makes a coconut custard pie that almost brings me to tears. Omg, with fresh whipped cream and a little toasted coconut on top? The best -- ever!!

I love coconut cake also. It is one of my favorite cakes. I love coconut anything and I also love coconut custard pie. There are some good southern restaurants where I live that make some good ones! Anything lemon and anything coconut I love. I don't like chocolate desserts really but I am making one of those for the chocolate lovers in my family.

I'm exactly the same way! Hubby could eat brownies and chocolate cake til the cows come home, but I prefer fruit or creamier desserts (creme brûlée, custard, cobblers, etc) Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

Coconut cake is one of my favorite dessert -- I have it maybe once a year. My mother makes a coconut custard pie that almost brings me to tears. Omg, with fresh whipped cream and a little toasted coconut on top? The best -- ever!!

I love coconut cake also. It is one of my favorite cakes. I love coconut anything and I also love coconut custard pie. There are some good southern restaurants where I live that make some good ones! Anything lemon and anything coconut I love. I don't like chocolate desserts really but I am making one of those for the chocolate lovers in my family.

I'm exactly the same way! Hubby could eat brownies and chocolate cake til the cows come home, but I prefer fruit or creamier desserts (creme brûlée, custard, cobblers, etc) Smiley Wink

Don't get me started on crème brulee, you are EXACTLY like I am when it comes to desserts. I once had an older southern lady tell me I liked the more gentile desserts! Lol!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Don't get me started on crème brulee, you are EXACTLY like I am when it comes to desserts. I once had an older southern lady tell me I liked the more gentile desserts! Lol!

You can call it what you wish -- I just like what's good!! Lol! Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

One year I didn't make the bunny cake I made every other kind of desserts know to man and would you believe every one was upset because the bunny cake was not on the dessert table. So from then on no matter how many desserts are made the bunny cake is one of them.