Respected Contributor
On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/28/2015 Ilikeshade said:

Doob....thank you so much. I feel so much better and am back to eating salads and am driving again. When I got sick I just could't keep my eyes open and it really scared me so much, my dh had to cart me around everywhere. I just flat out refused to drive for about 3 weeks.

I had heard that combining Japanese Sencha Green Tea with Chinese Jasmine Green Tea promotes lung health. So while I have never been a tea drinker I did buy these and been drinking it a few times a day. Also, will look into getting the pneumonia shot as I never want this ever again. It's been 20 years since I had pneumonia the first time and this seemed to just come out of nowhere for my 2nd time.

Wow ! I missed that you were sick Found. So happy to read that you are on the mend. I am prone to pneumonia myself and don't wish it on anyone! I got the pneumonia vaccine also. ETA : Now that you have had pneumonia, I hope you are sure to get your flu shot every year.

Thanks Scottie.....regarding the flu shot. I did get one last October but apparently the wrong strain was out there or had mutated, something like that.

Sorry too for the o/t. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

eta: so it did turn me off to getting the flu shot every year but I'll think about it. Smile

Super Contributor

Nope. I keep my electricity and water usage low, all the time, mostly because I'm a cheapskate. I'm not going to intentionally sit in the dark for some "feel good" cause. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 chickenbutt said:

It's a shame that this sort of thing, FOR SOME, is turned into a political thing.

Anyway, like others here I always conserve on the power, as well as other things. I cannot unplug everything at ANY given time, but I generally keep a lot of electrics unplugged as a habit, and have done so for years.

There are so many things that just plain don't need to be plugged in all the time. Lights don't need to be on all the time. I use the lights very little. My cleaning lady used to come into my house and, for the part of the house that she cleans anyway, she would turn on every single light and leave them all on until she finished.

That bothered me so I would go around and ask 'are you done in here?'. If the answer was yes, I would turn off the lights. Now she doesn't do that, thankfully.

Even if somebody doesn't care about things on a larger scale than themselves, if for no other reason, your utility bill will be way way less if you're not wasteful. Smiley Happy

Are you talking about on this board or in general because I don't see any political post on this board unless they got deleted? I thought it was going well.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

PARIS (AP) — The Eiffel Tower has gone dark briefly, with lights going out to mark Earth Hour, the campaign to raise awareness about climate change.

The five-minute dark-out on Saturday night was a symbolic gesture in the City of Light.

France has been preparing for months to host an international climate conference in Paris at the end of the year, pressing nations to set attainable goals for reducing greenhouse gases and mobilizing international finances to fight climate change.

Earth Hour was launched in 2007 by the World Wildlife Fund to encourage awareness of environmental issues. The idea is to turn off lights for an hour — not possible for safety reasons for the Eiffel Tower.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20150328/earth_hour-6ed70a674a.html

Honored Contributor

I'll turn the lights off and keep the heat on; it's 32 degrees here Smile

To those whose temps are in the 60s or 70s or 80s or more, you can turn down your heat {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

NO. Because I feel the elderly or those who need electricity (children as well) don't need to and can't participate. There's always some airy fairy ideas out there to have everyone think like they do and actually imagine just because they thought it up, it's good for everyone.

Maybe folks need to find other things to do with their minds and their thoughts and leave others out of their ideas.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I""m really not a fan of these mass appeals to do something that really accomplishes nothing. It makes more sense to live a daily life that reduces energy use rather than jump on the bandwagon of some brief event that no one remembers by next week.

Respected Contributor

I conserve 24/7/365 for both the planet, my grandchildren's future and my budget. I would love to see my area participate in this and despite the cold I would go outside and be able to enjoy stargazing!

I'll be shutting down for the hour. It's cold here, but the temps in my house don't fall that fast that it would even require much to bring the temp back up if necessary.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

PARIS (AP) — The Eiffel Tower has gone dark briefly, with lights going out to mark Earth Hour, the campaign to raise awareness about climate change.

The five-minute dark-out on Saturday night was a symbolic gesture in the City of Light.

France has been preparing for months to host an international climate conference in Paris at the end of the year, pressing nations to set attainable goals for reducing greenhouse gases and mobilizing international finances to fight climate change.

Earth Hour was launched in 2007 by the World Wildlife Fund to encourage awareness of environmental issues. The idea is to turn off lights for an hour — not possible for safety reasons for the Eiffel Tower.

I guess you're about the only one here who knows what this event really means.

It's really disheartening to see such disregard for our future and that of our children.

Have a pleasant evening !

Super Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Lila Belle said:
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

I guess you're about the only one here who knows what this event really means.

It's really disheartening to see such disregard for our future and that of our children.

Have a pleasant evening !

Well if you read all the posts there are SEVERAL posters that know what it "really means".......we plan to participate tonight too btw......Smile