Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Ilikeshade said:

Doob....thank you so much. I feel so much better and am back to eating salads and am driving again. When I got sick I just could't keep my eyes open and it really scared me so much, my dh had to cart me around everywhere. I just flat out refused to drive for about 3 weeks.

I had heard that combining Japanese Sencha Green Tea with Chinese Jasmine Green Tea promotes lung health. So while I have never been a tea drinker I did buy these and been drinking it a few times a day. Also, will look into getting the pneumonia shot as I never want this ever again. It's been 20 years since I had pneumonia the first time and this seemed to just come out of nowhere for my 2nd time.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Doob....thank you so much. I feel so much better and am back to eating salads and am driving again. When I got sick I just could't keep my eyes open and it really scared me so much, my dh had to cart me around everywhere. I just flat out refused to drive for about 3 weeks.

I had heard that combining Japanese Sencha Green Tea with Chinese Jasmine Green Tea promotes lung health. So while I have never been a tea drinker I did buy these and been drinking it a few times a day. Also, will look into getting the pneumonia shot as I never want this ever again. It's been 20 years since I had pneumonia the first time and this seemed to just come out of nowhere for my 2nd time.

You're welcome. You've been on my mind and I've been hoping things might be looking up. I'm no expert on remedies, but I'm sure you have some excellent resources where you are. I know it's hard, especially with so much else going on in your life, but try to take care of yourself and don't overdo.

Sorry for the O/T, everyone.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
NO I will not. Now maybe if China!
hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Thanks Irshgrl and Doob!!! Irshgrl, I can use that device now to improve lung capacity without coughing (I can get all the balls up to the top).

Honored Contributor

Thanks Irshgrl and Doob!!! Irshgrl, I can use that device now to improve lung capacity without coughing (I can get all the balls up to the top).

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Factoid related to Earth Hour: "Can turning off the lights for one hour make a difference?

Consider this: Boston University determined that if everyone on campus turned off one light for one hour a day for one year, there would be a savings of 733,475 kilowatt hours per year, the equivalent of removing 97 cars (or 1,161,000 pounds of CO2) from the road for an entire year.

Imagine what would happen if every American did that."

source: http://www.hometownlife.com/story/opinion/editorials/2015/03/26/yourpower-flip-switch-earth-hour/703...

Honored Contributor

It's a shame that this sort of thing, FOR SOME, is turned into a political thing.

Anyway, like others here I always conserve on the power, as well as other things. I cannot unplug everything at ANY given time, but I generally keep a lot of electrics unplugged as a habit, and have done so for years.

There are so many things that just plain don't need to be plugged in all the time. Lights don't need to be on all the time. I use the lights very little. My cleaning lady used to come into my house and, for the part of the house that she cleans anyway, she would turn on every single light and leave them all on until she finished.

That bothered me so I would go around and ask 'are you done in here?'. If the answer was yes, I would turn off the lights. Now she doesn't do that, thankfully.

Even if somebody doesn't care about things on a larger scale than themselves, if for no other reason, your utility bill will be way way less if you're not wasteful. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

That is awesome. That is so hard to do when you are gagging!! Glad to hear it!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Wow ! I missed that you were sick Found. So happy to read that you are on the mend. I am prone to pneumonia myself and don't wish it on anyone! I got the pneumonia vaccine also. ETA : Now that you have had pneumonia, I hope you are sure to get your flu shot every year.

Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 chickenbutt said:

It's a shame that this sort of thing, FOR SOME, is turned into a political thing.

Anyway, like others here I always conserve on the power, as well as other things. I cannot unplug everything at ANY given time, but I generally keep a lot of electrics unplugged as a habit, and have done so for years.

There are so many things that just plain don't need to be plugged in all the time. Lights don't need to be on all the time. I use the lights very little. My cleaning lady used to come into my house and, for the part of the house that she cleans anyway, she would turn on every single light and leave them all on until she finished.

That bothered me so I would go around and ask 'are you done in here?'. If the answer was yes, I would turn off the lights. Now she doesn't do that, thankfully.

Even if somebody doesn't care about things on a larger scale than themselves, if for no other reason, your utility bill will be way way less if you're not wasteful. Smiley Happy

Hi, chickie! I agree with your entire post, as usual{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Isn't it funny how sometimes it works better to appeal to people's own purse strings than to ask them to act for the greater good? I wish it weren't true, but it is.