Valued Contributor

Doris Day is my all-time favorite actress, followed closely by Barbara Stanwyck and Greer Garson.

Doris Day was so multi-talented - singing, dancing, comedies, dramas. Her genuine kindness came through on the screen.

TCM is showing several of her movies today.

Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Day turns 96 today!

God bless her!

I love her to pieces!

Trusted Contributor

I adore her, as well ~ will enjoy watching : )

Happy Birthday to wonderful lady!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy birthday Doris Day. She’s one month older than my mother, who’s also doing well.  I’m a great fan of her comedies with Rock Hudson and James Garner. However, she could also sing, dance, and handle serious roles well. She could do it all and I admire her love and care of animals.

Honored Contributor

I love her movie " Young at Heart " .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

In the world of Hollywood and entertainment, Doris Day is tops, a legend !  She also has a beautiful voice and my favorite song, Secret Love,, from Calamity Jane, is still one of my favs! Her movies are classics and are always a pleasure to watch !!  

Doris had  difficulties in life but remains a woman of dignity, class and graciousness.  While a wonderful actress, she is low key but outstanding in her field.l

I admire her most because of her love of animals and her dedication to helping God's creatures.  Her charity has helped so many animals and fought for their protection.  Quietly she has been an advocate and for that I truly admire her.

Happy Birthday, Doris, you are the best and in my opinion, you should have an Oscar!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

NEVER get tired of watching "Pillow Talk" or any one of those movies she did in that era.  Happy Birthday, Doris!!!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Love Doris Day. We’re watching her movies today on TCM. We just finished The Glass Bottom Boat and now watching Calamity Jane. Some may seem corny but I miss this type of movies. Dancing, musicals.

Honored Contributor

she was always  so lovely! Wishing her a wonderful day and many many more wonderful birthdays to come!

Respected Contributor

Hadn't seen Calamity Jane in years. Quite entertaining. Doris was quite the "stylish lady" back in the day. A happy birthday to her.

DDayPillowTalk.jpg