Honored Contributor

Re: Do you sleep with a fan on or some other kind of "white" noise?

My neighborhood is so noisy. There is no fan or any noise maker that can cancel the noise...tried everything. Now I sleep with earplugs. 

Respected Contributor

I use the app PZIZZ, a very nice sleep aid, and I just discovered the podcast series, "Sleep With Me". These are becoming somewhat revolutionary. I have severe insomnia and these are working for me.

Honored Contributor

I sleep with the TV on very low.  I wake up at least once during the night (back goes in spasms (sp)) due to pain.  

Honored Contributor

Now that the fan is off, I hear all kinds of noises, and it drives me bonkers trying to figure out  what they are from.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I can't sleep with any noise - has to be very quiet.  We have a window a/c unit and that noise drives me crazy all summer.  I have a very hard time falling asleep.  Wish we could find a quiet a/c.

Honored Contributor

If noise bothers you - you could never live in Manhattan.  Fortunately, I can control the noise.

One of the "joys" of wearing hearing aids - I have peace and quiet when I take them out.  

Honored Contributor

I have used a white noise machine for at least 35 years. I have always lived in apartments as a working adult, with usually noisy neighbors either above or below me or nearby. I have also always been a fairly light sleeper who wakes easily and can't get back to sleep - not great when you have to be awake at 4:30-5 a.m. to get ready for work. I think I would have gone insane without some control over the noise keeping me awake.

Now I'm retired but live with others and don't always want to hear their noises, TV or music. I may not use it as much, but I still use it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I have the ceiling fan on...an air purifier...and the t.v....I can't sleep without the t.v. on...

Honored Contributor

I keep the ceiling fan on until it gets under 60 outside.  I can't sleep if I feel warm.  The light noise doesn't bother me, but I like it quiet.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

The sound of my CPAP machine.

Along with my ceiling fan, I also have an oxygen concentrator.  Have that in the hallway in the summer because it puts out so much heat!

I'm not short...I'm fun size!