Honored Contributor

We have a 2 car garage and half is full of backyard furniture and car parts.  Once the backyard is done and my husband's 65 Galaxie is painted....normality.

We also have a 1 car garage that in order to get my car in it, I'd have to fold in my mirrors.  So we carpeted it and made it into a workout room - treadmill, treadclimber and total gym.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a garage?

[ Edited ]

I keep my car in the garage. That's why it always looks brand new even when it gets old.

We have an upright freezer, tool chest, storage for brooms, mops shovel etc,  lawnmower, weedeater. Our hot water heater & part of the AC unit stuff is in the garage in a closet area.  All the normal things people keep in a garage. 

It's all organized just like the inside of our house.

Never lived in a house without a garage & never will.

Never lived in an Apt & never will. Too me that would be like staying at a hotel 24/7 & it would drive me insane.

Respected Contributor

We have a 3 car garage and keep 3 cars in it.  My husband has a 69 convertible corvette (show car) which never really leaves the garage.  And there's a VW bug convertible which rarely leaves the garage.  There's 5 cars in the family, and only 2 of us drive, yes 2, and I'm desperately trying to get my husband to part with some of them.  Besides the cars, it has a small freezer and lots of tools/household stuff.

Honored Contributor

We have three bays--one garage with 2 bays, one single bay, all attached to the house.  To us, our garage is part of our living space like the house.

We had 2-car garages in our first two houses:  ALWAYS kept our cars in, but had some shelves and rolling steel cabinets with doors.  Now we have a lot of cabinets like kitchen cabinets as well. 

We try to keep them neat and clutter free so that it is nice to go out there and easy to get to the cars and whatever might be stored in the cabinets and on the shelving.  Banker boxes and storage tubs keep stuff neat.

Honored Contributor

We do and we have all kinds of garage type stuff in there.

Honored Contributor

The two-car garage is mostly my husband’s domain.  Both cars are parked inside.  He has his tools and two work benches along one wall, although he rarely uses them anymore.  His golf clubs, bike and other sports equipment are lined up. There are overhead storage racks for decorations and other misc junk.  The trash and recycling cans are stored there.  We buy some food, drinks and paper products in bulk which are also stored in the garage.  It’s pretty full🙂

Eventually, I expect we’ll give up a garage for a different living situation.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. We park our two cars , have a freezer, lots in storage....plus yard tools, husband's tools, and a pantry with dry goods. 

I notice most people in the neighborhood can not park any cars in the garage as they are stuffed full of JUNK.  Horrible messy.  Then they complain when their cars get broken into being parked on the street....

...Can not get magine keeping a bunch of C**P like that in the  garage. Just disgusting!  Clean it out! 

Honored Contributor

Great car, @MickD.  Will it be painted screaming red?

Respected Contributor

Yes, last house had one and I swore I'd never have another place without one.  I lived in an apt for a year while they were building this house and the number of times I'd go out and have to (God forbid) scrape ice off the windows!!  That sealed it for me - definitely need a garage just for that!

I have a two car garage with one car in it, tools and right now a chest of drawers I need to get rid of or donate.  My garage looks bare compared to most I see. 

Coming into our development there is a couple who I thought just moved in (so many stacked boxes cars can't fit and I found out have lived there for 10 years.  Uh, if you haven't needed something in that amount of time, it's a pretty good bet you won't ever need it.  Millennials don't want their parents "stuff" so my guess is the kids will toss once  both parents are gone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a 4 unit condo that has a garage shared by all 4 units. We each have our own garage door & opener, and have space to park one car there. Condo rules prohibit all but minimal storage and the "car space" is not allowed to be used for anything other than a car. I keep my golf clubs & outdoor furniture cushions out there seasonally, along with a small stack of firewood. My neighbors, besides being incredibly nosy, have enough krap out there to start their own junk store. I've tried to talk to them about it, but all they do is whine about not having enough storage space. What they're going to do with a bunch of old microwave carts, cat towers and assorted other broken stuff is beyond me. I can't begin to imagine what their basements look like!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~