Honored Contributor

And what do you use it for?

I have a two and a half attached garage and we park two cars inside, along with our freezers and outdoor tools, coolers, bikes etc. 

Before this I had a single car detached garage and kept the same things in it (just a lot less).

Before that, it was apartments and no garage.

I really don't want to live anywhere without a garage again, even if I didn't have a car.

I know a lot of people that have so much stored in their garage, they never put their cars away. That would drive me nuts, but everyone's circumstances and needs are different.

So, do you have a garage, and what do you put in it?

Honored Contributor

We do and it looks like it belongs to a hoarder.  

Super Contributor

OK, we have a two-car garage with 2 cars & 2 bicycles with a tool bench, lots of tools. & plenty of other stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I usually put my car in it, but it has other things in it right now.  I hope to remedy that before winter. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

We also have a three car garage. It is also extra deep, wide and has 12 foot ceilings. We keep both or our cars in there and the truck lives outside. We have a lot to store. DH and I built shelves that go all the way to the ceiling to store things. One side has all the stuff for different holidays and pictures and memories. The other side holds sports equipment, ladder, compressor, etc. We have two fridges in the garage up against the back wall with my workbench in between . One fridge is for overflow food, meat etc. (was our old fridge and we just got a new one) and a smaller fridge that my husband keeps his gunpowder in. 

The small  side of the garage is DH’s MAN CAVE!  He has three workbenches surrounding on end and a really nice walnut reloading bench. That part has those rubber industrial mats down. After that there is carpet. He has chairs and a small table and a killer stereo. It is also where the water rower is. It stands up off to the side and we just lay it down to use. He also has a tall toolbox between the end of one workbench and the shelves, under the window.

Overall very large and useful. Can’t imagine not having that space.

We have a neighbor across the street who cannot even open her garage doors because it is so full. The few times she has I have seen like 6 vacuum cleaners lined up in front. 

Then We have another neighbor across also whose garage looks like an operating room. Almost nothing in there. 

Honored Contributor

We have a large two car garage.  We had shelves and cabinets built along the walls for storage.  We keep a tool box, a couple of chairs on the floor, everything else on shelves or cabinets. Right now, it's a bit cluttered as I'm still in the process of purging stuff and have containers stacked between the vehicles.   Oh, and we park two vehicles in there, imagine that.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

We have a 2 1/2 car garage.  I keep two cars in it.  We have lawn mower, snow blower, bikes, tools and outdoor decorations in there.

I do have a full basement with an extra refrigerator/freezer and laundry room.

My husband is in charge of the garage.   LOL

Honored Contributor

We have a. odest 2 car attached garage, stacked apartment sized freezer and refrigerator, attic space above which we may finish at some point in the future.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a garage?

[ Edited ]

We have two garages. A small one attached to our house and a very large unattached garage. Our big garage is a carriage house. We have full living quarters above and 3 stalls in our garage with one that contains a car lift. So during the winter we house 4 cars and our boat. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

We have an over-sized 2-1/2 car garage. We have a Harley, Jetta and a van in it.  Also riding lawnmower & tools, shelves and work benches and storage in the attic.  We keep saying we are going to declutter the garage. It's a slow process.. sigh