Valued Contributor

Do you check the weather forecast before you travel?

I just returned from Santa Fe NM and it was cold, windy and one day there were snow flakes, but nothing stuck.  I was amazed at the number of people who were wearing shorts, tshirts, flip flops and no jackets.  You could tell that many of them were cold and my friend and I were saying that we felt sorry for them, but in this day and age, wouldn't you think they'd check the forecast before they travelled.  

We packed for cooler weather and am so glad we did because it was quite uncomfortable at times.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you check the weather forecast before you travel?

YUP!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@catmama  Always! We usually just travel across PA or to western MD to visit the kids, but the weather varies so greatly, we have to pack for all sorts of weather. 

Honored Contributor

Always. It helps me decide what and how much to pack, and whether or not to bring my raincoat.

Esteemed Contributor

You have to realize that people who live in Arizona, NM, California and Texas wear shorts, flip flops all year regardless of the weather. We enjoy the cold because it doesn't last nearly as long as we would like.  Rain, bring it on. Now if they were visiting, that's another story. 

Honored Contributor

@catmama wrote:

I just returned from Santa Fe NM and it was cold, windy and one day there were snow flakes, but nothing stuck.  I was amazed at the number of people who were wearing shorts, tshirts, flip flops and no jackets.  You could tell that many of them were cold and my friend and I were saying that we felt sorry for them, but in this day and age, wouldn't you think they'd check the forecast before they travelled.  

We packed for cooler weather and am so glad we did because it was quite uncomfortable at times.  

@catmama 

Always.  I grew up in WNY and the weather was constantly changing, due to the lake effect.  Now I live in SoCal and I still check the weather daily, just because.

As for those people freezing their buns off ....  with all the access to information online, I have to ask ...  who does that?  Seems odd it wouldn't occur to adults to check the weather.  

Honored Contributor

@catmama.  Visitors to a place like Santa Fe at 7,000 ft in altitude ought to have enough sense to check the weather before traveling there.  Spring arrives slowly in higher altitudes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty   Years ago (20th century) my mother was visiting some of my brothers & grands for the Christmas holidays who lived in California.  When she returned back to the NE, she said NEVER AGAIN will she be in California for Christmas.  She did not want to see another Santa Claus in short shorts, flip flops w/a child on his bare knees & sitting in a sleigh.  Smiley LOL  She also did not like the fact that it was "warm" in the middle of December.  If she wanted warm, she would have spent the holidays in Hawaii.  To her California is not the place to spend Christmas.

She kept her word.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Always

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Always. Why wouldn't you?