Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your First Name Or Have You Ever

Meh . . . my name's OK. Not too common but certainly not rare or unusual, or outdatedl. No wierdo spelling.

I just never felt like it fit me. The best way to explain it is to say if you call me by that name I'll answer to it, but that isn't really me.
Respected Contributor

I was supposedly named after my mom's best friend, but I never, ever met the woman and she lived in the same town, so I've always found that story a bit odd. I'm fine with my name though. I used the full name professionally for my entire career and a shortened nickname with friends and family. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@SuesCat  Thanks from her for your compliment. She comes by her unusual coloring from me...my husband has olive skin (dark hair when we meant & salt/pepper now). My son has olive skin & his brown eyes. Funny how nature matches us up.

Honored Contributor

My Dad was in WWII (Europe) and my Mom named me after him. Daddy was named after the doctor that delivered him. In fact, we have the letter thanking my grandparents for that.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

I have always like my name and with my middle name watching t.v. in the late 60's as a very young girl I thought I could be a sister on "Petticoat Junction" with my full name.   Loved them all having my name so to speak. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."