Respected Contributor

Re: Did You Get Caught Up in the PowerBall Mania?

Yes, we bought some, but I'd rather win the Publisher's Clearing House $5,000 a week for life.  Much more manageable.

Regular Contributor

I'm in a work pool of 340 tickets.  I bought 40 on my own.  It's been fun to talk with people about what they'd do if they won!

Respected Contributor

A pundit on Fox said the secret to winning the lottery is to buy as many as you can afford. Ya think?   I'm a poor loser so I didn't buy any.  

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I did not buy a ticket.

Did you? If you did, how many did you buy?

No, we didn't get any tickets.

It's my understanding that chances are greater that more people will have a chance of winning, rather than there being just one winner.

In other words, there will be multiple winners splitting the jackpot.

I'm not a Mathematician, or a Statistician, but that is how it has been explained by some who are in those fields.

Also, there will be a chance of more smaller winners again too, like people winning the $1 million/$2 million prizes.

So, it will be interesting to see what happens. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a few tickets today. As I got in my car, the radio news guy said that if you want to have the best chance for a Powerball win in my city, go to such and such grocery store because they have sold more PB winners than anywhere else in my state. Which was where I just bought mine! May be a lucky omen, ya think?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I passed.  Can't imagine what I would do handling that much money.  Way too much trouble!

There is that, too.

One would have to deal with that kind of stress, DiAnne. 

The other thing that people keep forgetting I think-is that no one will really be getting a billion dollars. That's the amount before taxes get taken out.

So, the amount will actually be back into the millions when the winners actually get their money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We won $2.  *Correction, $4.

Whoopie Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

We won $2.

Whoopie Smiley Happy

Yay! At least you won something! Heart

Your post made me laugh-it's cute! Smiley LOL

We didn't win anything last week, so we decided to pass on getting any tickets this week.

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I passed.  Can't imagine what I would do handling that much money.  Way too much trouble!

Same here.  I thought about it, and actually I found it overwhelming pondering who to help and how much and geesh if just pondering was that difficult, if it became reality I'd have a breakdown!

Valued Contributor

I am guilty of buying 5 - and then 3 more tonight LOL. Bah. I'm excited for whomever won. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in California LOL.