Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Get Caught Up in the PowerBall Mania?

I  never buy lottery tickets, but I was at the salon this AM. and I kind of got caught up in the fun. So when I went to get groceries, I bought one ticket. I know I won't win, I just wanted to be a part of the fun .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

No, I didn't buy one. It isn't that I am against it, just didn't think about it  while out and about.

Honored Contributor

No - but I don't consider buying a few tickets (key word being few) to be "caught up in the mania." I just consider it buying a few tickets for a huge jackpot. Even though I rarely participate, I don't consider buying lottery tickets bad, evil, wasteful, silly or otherwise negative. It's entertainment. I'm only responsible for my own habits, and I'm not my brother's keeper.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I played the past 2 weeks for the first time ever. Tonight I didnt play. Too much of a longshot and waste of money.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

Yep, and I had to drive 90 minutes each direction to get across the state border in order to get tickets.  Bought for two draws, so that if I don't win tonight I'll win next draw when the amount is 2 B  LOL

Just saw a story on the news.  If everyone in the US put their name in a hat, you have the same chance of winning the powerball as you would have to draw your own name out of the hat.  OK, so I still have a chance

Spoiler

Smiley LOL

Was that you I saw?  LOL   Half of Utah was here standing in line for tickets for the last 4 days.   We used to drive to Idaho until it became legal here.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

Bought three QPs, didn't stand in line, didn't win a darn thing. I don't regret playing, though. I know the odds, but I bet the winners didn't say to themselves, "I wish I hadn't played."

Respected Contributor

We haven't check our tickets yet, but we don't live in one of the winning states.

I'm not disappointed, it was fun while it lasted.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't buy a ticket nor was I tempted too!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I didn't really get caught up in the mania.  I did buy 5 tickets.  I figure if you don't play, you for sure can't win.

Honored Contributor

I bought 5 tickets at the last minute.  Even as I was handing over the money, I felt dumb for wasting $10...lol   But I did it anyway.