Honored Contributor

Re: Did Everybody Get What They Wanted For Christmas?

I got the movie Heart Like a Hand Grenade and a these heels. Also an apron, a dress, some nail polish, eye liner and the 2015 swarovski snowflake ornament. 

2532803-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I wanted a peaceful, quiet day with lots of phone-ins from my faraway family and friends--and I heard from people all day long.  It was very pleasant.

My favorite material gift was a rare and very beautiful book I never would have dreamed of trying to acquire for myself. 

Honored Contributor

DH surprised me with an I Pad Mini 4 in white and silver. Now I need a cover for it.

I like this one:

Product Details

and this one:

and this one:

Product Details

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

The only thing I wanted for Christmas was my cancer being in remission.  I got that news earlier in the month.  Other than that, I received two starbucks gift cards, home goods gift card, Vera Bradley pocketbook, Garmin vivo and a couple things my niece made in ceramic class.  I made out like a bandit.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

The only thing I wanted for Christmas was my cancer being in remission.  I got that news earlier in the month.  Other than that, I received two starbucks gift cards, home goods gift card, Vera Bradley pocketbook, Garmin vivo and a couple things my niece made in ceramic class.  I made out like a bandit.

Congratuations! I rememeber when I got the news I was in remission, it was a such a relief. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18

Congrats on your remission! That's the BEST gift ever!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 015.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Congratuations! I rememeber when I got the news I was in remission, it was a such a relief. 

@jaxs mom

Congrats to you too Jaxs Mom! What a blessing!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 028.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

YES! A BIG surprise was the $$$ I won on scratcher tickets.

@italia8140

Smiley MSN Emoticon 040.gif
Honored Contributor

Yes we did. Christmas Eve our son called us and was on the way to Helen Davos Children's Hospital. Our 13 year old granddaughter had a chicken bone stuck in her throat. They were able to give her some medicine to relax her. Her Mom stayed with her all night. The next day that did a gastro look down her throat and the bone was gone. I think the med she had to relax her helped the bone go to her tummy and will be digested. We were so worried. She went home on Christmas and was fine. I reall thought she was going to have to have surgery. So yes we did get what we wanted.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Didn't want anything. . . didn't get anything.  So, I guess that's a yes.  I have extremely low expectations for the holidays in our situation--no family to speak of, relative in poor health.  So at least I wasn't disappointed and angry!  Just happy to be here!!!!  

Enjoy what you got!!!!