Esteemed Contributor

Re: David Casssidy has dementia

What a horrible disease. God speed to him and his family.

Respected Contributor

According to imdb.com David married 3 times, has 1  child and 3 half siblings.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

There was a thread this morning titled that he was slurring his words while in concert. 

I guess it was assumed he was drunk.  The thread must've been taken down.

This is so sad.  Whether he is sick with dementia or from alcoholism.

What is really sad is that the only reason he came out and revealed this was because he didn't want people to think he was drunk.  He wanted to wait a little longer to make the announcement about his dementia.

Sad that people would immediately come to the conclusion that he was drunk.

It's my understanding from what was reported that he didn't just find this out.  He has known but didn't want to reveal it quite yet.  He has been having issues with forgetting song lyrics, slurring his words and other memory issues that people were noticing. 

This reminds me of all the terrible things some were saying about Evine host Connie Kunkle and the poor woman passed away at the age of only 58 from dementia.   

Honored Contributor

Children:

I'm seeing 2 children...Katie (actress) and Beau (singer).

Super Contributor

My sisters and I saw him in Madison Square Garden in NYC.  Kim Carnes also performed (remember the song "Betty Davis Eyes"?).

Wonderful memories.  Sad news.  Unkind comments are to be expected on these forums. LadyAlice

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, where did you hear/read that he wanted to wait a little longer to announce his diagnosis? Not being nasty, I'm just curious.   I'm a big fan of his.    

Trusted Contributor

@LadyAlice, I was at this concert too - March 11, 1972, Madison Square Garden!!!

Honored Contributor

I loved the below book regarding a now middle age fan of David Cassidy's going to see him again in concert and getting a chance to meet him in person.

I Think I Love You: A Novel
"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, where did you hear/read that he wanted to wait a little longer to announce his diagnosis? Not being nasty, I'm just curious.   I'm a big fan of his.    

A spokesperson of his was on GMA this morning talking about it.  I was in the process of getting ready so missed exactly who the gentleman was to David. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't read all of the replies...

But a couple things come to mind..if it indeed is true and not trying to soften the blow of the reports all over social media and video of him slurring and falling.

Often Lon gTerm Alcoholism concludes with alcohol related dememtia...Korsakoff Dementia/Disease.

David Cassidy was one of my first Teen Idol...I have read over the years his issues with alcohol.

Regardless I wish him the best.