Honored Contributor

For those of you who are familiar with my posts, would you be able to tell it was me if I changed my nic? (Not that I plan to or ever would)

I know there are a few posters here whose writing style I would recognize. Not many though.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I thought of this when I read the thread about Jules.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

No I probably wouldn't, not if you were making generic posts. Some have a distinct style of expressing themselves that's difficult to disguise.

I mean that as a compliment to you, Ford. While you have a way with words you don't necessarily fly off the handle or go on tangents when certain subjects are brought up.

Some slip up and mention personal details that are distinct to themselves.

Of course I'm known for being oblivious when it comes to style! It would have to be very obvious for me to recognize someone. Really obvious as in practically giving it away themselves.

Honored Contributor
I don't think I would unless you specifically mentioned your daughters or your personal health. Just a generic run-of-the-mill post, no. Some posters try to disguise themselves, but eventually trip up because of their writing style or personal details.
Honored Contributor
On 8/17/2014 kdgn said:

No I probably wouldn't, not if you were making generic posts. Some have a distinct style of expressing themselves that's difficult to disguise.

I mean that as a compliment to you, Ford. While you have a way with words you don't necessarily fly off the handle or go on tangents when certain subjects are brought up.

Some slip up and mention personal details that are distinct to themselves.

Of course I'm known for being oblivious when it comes to style! It would have to be very obvious for me to recognize someone. Really obvious as in practically giving it away themselves.

Hi, Ford!

I was thinking that in reading the thread about Jules, too. I agree with kdgn's comments.

I would add in my opinion, it's easy to see similarities but difficult to be certain. People read posts by others and pick up certain words or phrases and use them, many people make the same grammar or spelling mistakes, they respond to the wrong comment and it appears they're the same nickname, etc., and that makes it hard to say for sure. Well, really, I don't know that we can know for sure unless someone changes the nic midstream and another poster quotes it, or unless the person admits to it.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
There are just some people here that like to play games and don't come off as trust-worthy. I think there are a lot of people here who post with different nics
Honored Contributor

Good, I'm kinda glad about that. And I know exactly what you mean, but I am not going to name names either.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't know whether (or not) you change your nic. I don't keep a mental note about who says what. I only remember, usually, a few who have a few situations on a few of their threads. So I go back to check for any updates. Otherwise, I try my best to not know who agrees or who doesn't agree with me on a particular discussion. Mostly, because in all of the various threads/information/subjects/discussions, we (I) learn from one another, no matter who, what, when, where, etc., etc. Smile

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Ford, I think I probably could identify you. You seem to be a very authentic and honest woman, strong in her convictions, but with a very sensitive side.

And you don't (to my knowledge) post innuendo or baiting type posts.

Honored Contributor

I probably could not. I guess I don't pay close attention to anyones "style", but then I don't get into conversations much. I'm more of a "hit and run" for fun type poster. Smile

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."