Super Contributor

We took in a feral cat and it took months for her to trust us. Then she did and would sleep in my lap and loved to be petted. Never ever would she let us  pick her up.

Honored Contributor

You cat people are definately patient and loving.I am selfish in that I want a pet who enjoys me as much as I love them.I like them to want my company and enjoy activities with me on my terms as well as theirs.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

You cat people are definately patient and loving.I am selfish in that I want a pet who enjoys me as much as I love them.I like them to want my company and enjoy activities with me on my terms as well as theirs.

Cats probably aren't for you then. I'm ok with my cats having their own personalities and loving them for who they are. But then I have 7 and some are more cuddly than others. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Neither of my kitties like to be held...I love them anyway and pick them up for kisses, but don't hold them for long...Smiley Wink

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

You definitely should have a dog then, if you don't already have one...Smiley Very Happy

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it