Respected Contributor

Justice!  The sentence will be x 3

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cosby Guilty

[ Edited ]

I am listening to the local news now.  Charles Peruto, a well-known Philadelphia attorney, said that he felt that the judge would not treat Mr. Cosby any differently than any other person found guilty, meaning that he might not be released on bail.  He also said that he felt that the defense team really did not treat the state's witnesses very well and that could have caused the verdict.

As for the verdict, I was surprised that he was found guilty on all charges since he had already paid Andrea Constandt $3.4M.

I think sentencing is in about a month.  Waiting to see if they take Mr. Cosby into custody, which is what they would probably be doing to the rest of us.

Just In:  Bill Cosby has been released to go home and surrendered his passport.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I hope this is only the beginning...these men just can't get away with what they've been doing to women!!!!

The best news I heard today!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl  really he paid her 3.4mil? I didn't know that....when did that happen??  I admit I haven't followed this case pretty much at all...just a few tidbits here and there.

Respected Contributor

Oh my.  What a shame he wrecked his life.  Remember his show with children, he rode in the Rose Parade in the same car with Mr. Rogers and Art Linkletter as a person who celebrated children.  Self-destructed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think this verdict is going to be tossed big time on appeal.  I have never heard of allowing alleged victims to testify against someone in a case that has nothing to do with their own situation in which there aren't even legal charges pending.

That's not to be taken as support for the man but legally I think he may overcome this just based on that alone. 

I believe Cosby was offered house arrest before this trial even took place in a plea deal.  Wouldn't be shocked if they went back to that considering his health while they appeal.  I doubt the state wants to start paying for his medical care right away.   

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I am listening to the local news now.  Charles Peruto, a well-known Philadelphia attorney, said that he felt that the judge would not treat Mr. Cosby any differently than any other person found guilty, meaning that he might not be released on bail.  He also said that he felt that the defense team really did not treat the state's witnesses very well and that could have caused the verdict.

As for the verdict, I was surprised that he was found guilty on all charges since he had already paid Andrea Constandt $3.4M.

I think sentencing is in about a month.  Waiting to see if they take Mr. Cosby into custody, which is what they would probably be doing to the rest of us.

Just In:  Bill Cosby has been released to go home and surrendered his passport.

@SXMGirl

I just heard that he's on his way to a Pennsylvania Correctional facility.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot, i don't know where you live and what news you are following, but you might be correct.  I live outside of Philly and this, of course, is being covered by the local news at the courthouse.  I did just hear that he would be allowed to go home if he gives up his passport and I think that is the issue.

What I did hear is that the prosecutor wanted bail revoked but the judge denied that.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite, the payout was years ago.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my this one lady on TV is saying up to 62 women were drugged and assaulted by Cosby.  How horrible....