Honored Contributor

Re: Coast Guard, People & Pets

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Iluvhandbags  My understanding was that they were shipping dogs and cats that were in the shelters before the hurricane to other states to be adopted ....so there is room to keep the pets of displaced homeowners until they can  take them back.  They were not shipping out the pets of people caught up in the floods.

I hope this is the case. Give time for the displaced owners to find their pets.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Iluvhandbags  My understanding was that they were shipping dogs and cats that were in the shelters before the hurricane to other states to be adopted ....so there is room to keep the pets of displaced homeowners until they can  take them back.  They were not shipping out the pets of people caught up in the floods.

@SeaMaiden  This is what I have seen reported, too. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I saw  video that was from texas ,a man with a pick up truck saving pets ,his truck was full of dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@DiAnne, given the heat wave on the West coast, I am wondering if that's a good idea...their hearts are in the right place....but do shelters have AC?

We have a Border Collie who thrives on being outside: she was bred for working outdoors, but when it's hot, she comes in and parks herself in front of an AC vent, or stretches out on cool tile flooring. I don't think she would do too well in the heat wave there.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Seattle Humane just built a new facility and so I would imagine it may have AC but I doubt PAWS or Homeward Pets does.  Our predicted high today and tomorrow is 85 degrees - a heat wave for us but hardly life threatening.  These shelter dogs coming from Texas probably think it is cool!