Respected Contributor

When we got married in 1978 we moved away, so I always sent Christmas Cards, probably about 70 or so, I come from a very large Italian family.  When we had children, I would send a photo card of my children and my family friends always mentioned how much they enjoyed the cards.  I usually put a small hand written note in each one, not much, just saying how old the kids were and what grade they were in.  Most of the people I sent cards to have passed away but I still enjoying sending cards.  If I get a good picture of the four of us together I'll still send a photo card, if not, a regular card.  Today I send about 35 cards out, so my list is down.  I get very few letters and most of the ones I get aren't bragging, just the news of the past year.  I do have one friend that sends a "brag" letter.  We've gotten a kick out  of someone reading it aloud very dramatically, it's usually one of my kids or my neighbors kids when they're over visiting during the holidays.  Someone always asks "Did you get "The Letter" this year?  If the ones that sent the letter only knew how much "fun" we have over it!

Respected Contributor

I have one friend with whom I still exchange a Christmas card.  She lives in another state.

I always keep a couple around for tipping my stylist, etc.

I used to send a load out, and get a load too.

Now, I subscribe to Jacquie Lawson's website for ecards.  If you don't know her, take a look at the website:

http://www.jacquielawson.com/

Really, she does beautiful work.  She also has an interactive Advent Calendar that she does every year that I love.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Frequent Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Golden_Oldie wrote:

Everyone has said the reasons they do or do not send cards. I used to send about fifty. But as time passed, many have passed away. On my side of the family there is only my children and myself.

My card sending is down to three.

@Golden_Oldie- we've lost a lot of people also as many....many..... have passed away.  My husband and I both have small families now.  If my entire Atlanta family gets together (two nephews live out of state), there are 7 of us.  7.  It makes holidays hard.

@gidgetgh Thanks, I always wished we has a larger family. When Christmas comes I'll think of you.Woman Happy

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

I think this year, just to help keep it alive awhile longer.........the first of Dec., that Saturday, I'll send out a few cards. There's still some people who don't do computer sending.  Plus, we decorate on those days too.  I also give cards with gifts.  Helps to use up all the ones I have, so I can use new cards the next year if I'd like. There's so many pretty ones.

Regular Contributor

I agree with Shorty2U I still send Christmas cards. I buy family cards in the Dollar Tree,they have very nice family cards for $.50 or a $1,00. I also send to some friends who I haven't seen for  a time. As long as I can afford to do so I will continue to send Christmas and birthday cards.  I thoroughly enjoy it.