Honored Contributor

Re: Carly Simon's You're So Vain Is About.....

@qualitygal wrote:

I thought it was James Taylor and could never figure out why him.

@qualitygalNow you know.  Because it was Warren Beatty!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

I heard that it was about Mick Jagger when the song came out.  I didn't realize that there was controversy or people cared much one way or another.

Respected Contributor

Is it really such a slow news day?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I love the song!!!!!!! I knew it was about Warren Beatty, I remember hearing years ago, it was about him. I can see why too from his past. I am glad he settled down with and is happy with Annette Bening... 

Respected Contributor

Not surprised, Beatty was a real player back in the day.  You're so Vain is an iconic song, and I'm glad that enough years have gone by where Carly felt it was okay to name the song's inspiration.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

Not surprised, Beatty was a real player back in the day.  You're so Vain is an iconic song, and I'm glad that enough years have gone by where Carly felt it was okay to name the song's inspiration.

Yes he sure was. I remember hearing a joke that a young starlet was bragging that she slept with him and ALL her friends replied "No big deal. Who hasn't?"

Honored Contributor

I too had heard it was Warren Beatty which is not suprising.  The one that floored me was Alanis Morriessette and her song You Oughta To Know.  Full house dude, really? 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I heard that it was about Mick Jagger when the song came out.  I didn't realize that there was controversy or people cared much one way or another.

I kinda ruled Mick out because it sounds like he is singing in the background vocals.

Esteemed Contributor

Hmm. Really?  Back when it was released, it was thought it was about one of the Kennedy's.  They surely fit the bill.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust