Esteemed Contributor

By The Hair Of My Chin-y Chin Chin

Being at the point in life where stray hairs tend to materialize on the chin I usually check daily for the new crop of them. Of course I wear bi-focals. I use a 10x magnification (frightening in itself). I look like a bobblehead trying to get the right spot on my glasses to pull the little s*ckers.  Go a couple of days and I'm a chia pet. Mother Nature has a sick sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

Re: By The Hair Of My Chin-y Chin Chin

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL @CrazyKittyLvr2   I can relate -- I have to check about twice a week for mine!  Some have started to come in gray.  Even my dog leaves the audible vicinity of my bathroom when I'm physically & verbally attacking those.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I can relate.The thing that worries me is what if I am hospitalized and those things grow into a beard before I can get well enough to destroy them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, that is something else that hits us when we are aging.  My sister purchased one of those 18k things that removes the hairs in a flash.  She loves it.  Says it really does a good job, and it not painful at all.  Actually uses it less than she did when she was using the tweezer.  

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe   I use one of these about 1x a week and they're worth every penny.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess that's where my brow hairs have gone. Gravity to the extreme, LOL?

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I'm Italian, very light-skinned but very dark haired.  The hairs sprouting on my chins are like wires.  These hairs can sprout in like a days'  time and I usually feel them before I see them.  My worst problem is the upper lip and I have started laser hair removal, which is not as effective as i thought.  My first  couple of treatments seemed to promote the stache to grow even more, though the center says that's not true.  I'm sticking with the treatments because otherwise ZZ Top will want me to join the group.      

Honored Contributor

18k gold ?

those epilator things I tried and it's like ninja knives carving you up took mine back to bed and bath. LOL

stick with tweezer

Valued Contributor

@dex   You took the words right out of my mouth about hospitalization.  I have a razor in my emergency kit for that very reason.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne @That is a great idea but what if you are too sick to use it.I wish I had done lazer before my hair started graying....wonder if hospitals have barbers?