Honored Contributor

Re: Brodie at Rainbow Bridge - April 23

So very sorry for your loss.

Our dog was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease on Tuesday.....we have no idea how long she has left but I am grieving already.

Contributor

I am so sorry for the passing of your beloved Brodie. Please take care.

Respected Contributor

Awwww....so very, very sorry for your loss. I have a Westie and know how dear and adorable these little terriers are. Yours was extra-special as a therapy dog. You know you did the right thing for him as letting a dog suffer is selfish. Can you plant a tree, make a photo album, do something to memorialize him? Keep the good memories close at heart. Time will soften the pain.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious Brodie. I'm caring for my little cat who has had kidney disease now for three years, and with treatments I've had her much longer than I had hoped. Her disease has now started to progress, and I don't want to face what the future holds. It never gets easier to lose a "baby", because that's what they really are. Babies that just never grow up. My heart goes out to you, but I'm sure you know you did the right thing, and he is happy now, just waiting for you to join him again.

Honored Contributor

My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your DH on the loss of your beloved Brodie.

I can totally relate to the pain and heartache that you're both feeling right now because I have been down that same dark and terrible road many times before and will be again at some point as I'm currently "mommy" to 5 kitties (all rescues).

Brodie clearly lived a most amazing life and one that was filled with love.

Please find comfort and solace in the fact that Brodie always knew how much he was loved, that he was surrounded by that same love when you sent him to The Bridge in peace and with dignity and that he's now happily running like a puppy with all of his new friends thru the sun filled meadows of that most blessed place on the other side of The Bridge.

------------------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^= {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Frequent Contributor

So sorry for your loss, AnikaBrodie. May each day bring less sorrow and more joy. You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you grieve.

Super Contributor

I'm so very sorry Anika. Brodie is at the bridge playing now with all his friends and in no pain. One day you will be together again.

I think of this when I'm sad over my babies being gone.......

Don't cry because it's over.......smile because it happened !

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your Brodie. I hope in time your precious memories help comfort you. Prayers to you and your DH and your other furbaby who also now needs extra comfort.

Honored Contributor

happygal said: Can you plant a tree, make a photo album, do something to memorialize him?

We've already ordered a tree (called a redbud) which will be planted by our local garden center in the next few weeks. Once we get Brodie's cremains back we'll also order an urn and a garden stone to place by the new tree and shrubs. My husband is a photographer and has a lot of photos of Brodie and Anika together and separately. We are going through those now and will choose some for a photo collage.

We miss him so much and it's only day 2. We have so many precious memories. I think I could write a book from my journal entries.

Thanks to all of you for your condolences. They mean so much more than you know and we appreciate each and every one.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Valued Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Terriers have a special place in my heart and he sounds like an amazing little dog. Therapy animals are so special - they bring so much joy to people in difficult situations. I'm sorry you have to suffer through a broken heart now - it's the price we pay for receiving so much love from our furry little friends. As another poster said, don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened and someday you will.