Honored Contributor

Brodie at Rainbow Bridge - April 23

Brodie – 8/6/2001 4/23/2014 (12 years, 8 1/2 months)

We lost Brodie, our beloved cairn terrier on Wednesday morning (April 23). He had recently presented with symptoms of acute kidney failure and went down rapidly losing his battle with this horrible disease more and more every day. We made the agonizing and heart wrenching decision to have him euthanasized to end his pain and suffering. Our vet of thirty plus years came to our home to perform the procedure. Brodie died very peacefully with all of us by his side. He is now at the RainbowBridge playing with all the other dogs and cats who have gone before him and has taken on the role of “Angel Brodie” as our guardian angel. I and my husband are devastated at his loss and so is our keeshond.

Brodie was a fantastic little dog from the day we brought him home in 2001. He was a real trooper with that ever present terrier spirit and loved all people and pets, especially dogs. He was a certified therapy dog for over eleven years and worked with everyone from age 3 (day care center) to 103 (nursing home), and every age in between in many different venues. We “retired” him from the therapy program December 31, 2013, hoping he would spend the rest of his years with us. Little did we know it would not be years, but less than four months later he would leave us. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

So, just love your dogs (and cats) and give them some extra hugs and attention and care but, most of all, give them unconditional love for that is what they give you every day.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we grieve the loss of Brodie, our best furry friend. That’s all I can say for now as I write this with tears streaming down my face. Thank you. ~~ psb

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Re: Brodie at Rainbow Bridge - April 23

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is one of the hardest things to do, to end the life of a pet that is so important to your family, and I admire you for knowing when the time is right. It is not easy but it is the right thing to do.

Please know that there are many here shedding a tear with you, and sending up prayers for your saddened heart to be healed. I believe that all our lost furry friends are happy, young and whole again over the bridge, and waiting for us one day to join them. Until then, they are in wonderful company with each other, and we must move on to love yet another of God's creatures who we need more than they need us.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so very sorry.I can hardly see through my tears to type.I will keep you in my prayers.

I agree with you about showing our pets how much we love them every single day for we never know when they may suddenly leave us as I l had happen too.

Brodie sure won't be alone,he will have so many great friends waiting to meet him at the bridge.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

My sincere sympathies are with you and your family. No words can comfort right now, but praying peace comes to you knowing that Brodie lived the best life possible, plus the countless adults and children that your precious dog affected is insurmountable.

My "Chloe" passed on April 23, 2007 of the same disease, she also served in nursing homes and is still missed. Know that others share in your sorrow.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. Please extend my heartfelt condolences to your husband as well. I know the pain you are feeling is great right now, but please take comfort in knowing that you always did your best for Brodie and he knew nothing but love and safety with you all his days right up until he went to the bridge to wait for you. Sending prayers and caring hugs to you, DH and your keeshond.

Godspeed Brodie.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of Brodie. We lost our Greta to cancer in December and we are still crying every day. These gentle souls come into our lives and enrich them in so many ways. It is always so heart wrenching when they pass on. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Super Contributor

So sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Brodie. Sending prayers of comfort for your family. Bless you for giving him a wonderful life.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry for the loss of Brodie. What a life he had though! How much love and happiness he gave your family and all the people he met as a therapy dog.

As you know, the grief is almost unbearable at this time, but I can tell you that as time goes on, it becomes more manageable. It never really goes away, though--how could we not miss a friend who loved us so much (and vice versa)?

You will see Brodie again. I have you in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

Godspeed, Brodie!

I'm so very sorry for your loss, AnikaBrodie.

Denise