Super Contributor

Here we go again. My poor cat.

He hasn't been himself lately. His vet prescribed chondroitin last January and for a long time it really helped BooBoo's arthritis condition. But in the last month or so he's been reverting to being lethargic and tired and not very enthusiastic about life.

Took him back to the vet and she examine him--very carefully--and found that the muscle in his left leg is wasting away, and that explains a lot of his behavior lately. She doesn't know what else is going on so he's going to have x-rays this week and then we'll have a better idea of what's going on and how to treat it.

She doesn't hand out pain meds all that much but she gave him a 3-day course of a medication whose name I don't remember. We gave him his first dose about 4 hours ago and I'm now sitting here with my mouth hanging open because of what a big difference it's made. And I also feel very bad that he's been in pain all this time. I should have taken him in sooner.

For the last few weeks he's been just lazing around, sleeping in the sun all day, and didn't have much of an appetite. Just now he tried to climb his kitty condo which he hasn't done in six month! I'm sure he doesn't have the strength so DH lifted him up to his favorite platform where he can survey his realm {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} and watch life go by. And he's really been eating well too, just since we medicated him.

Please pray/send good thoughts/whatever for my BooBoo. His health has always been fragile and I'm hoping he'll recover from this. Of course we'll do what's best for him but losing him would just about kill me; I'm very hopeful it won't come to that.