Honored Contributor

There's a really nice hiking trail called the Maroon Bells Scenic Loop Trail, starts at Snowmass Village. Takes less than an hour and not very difficult. This time of the year is very busy up there. Lots of other trails, too. Something for all levels of hiker abilities including technical climbing. 

Honored Contributor

It's gorgeous!  I've never been there.  But I would love to live there.  Specifically Boulder.  Near where the university is .  My former boss retired and moved to Boulder.  So I've seen her home, etc. from the photos she sent.  Colorado is the one of new "West" (Idaho, Montana, etc) where droves of people are moving to.  The scenery is breathtaking and the air is a lot fresher! Low pollution,etc.  The taxi has already left Colorado, so housing there has exploded. In August 2023, the median listing home price in Boulder, CO was $1.3M, trending up 13% year-over-year. The median listing home price per square foot was $596. The median home sold price was $880K   In Maryland, the medium home is now at $450,000.00

Respected Contributor

Re: Beautiful Colorado

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624  That is just stunning.  My son just left us here at home on the east coast to go back out west for a little while.  He was at an event at Red Rocks last night.  Guy gets around!  He's not a planner.  He just walks up on stuff.  Drives across in his van, sleeps in it or has a friend in a town on the way and hangs there for a bit.   Makes his life as an artist and has done quite a few venues in LA and San Fran.  

@songbird  yes! Homes in affordable MD have risen off the chart.  We bought a 650 sq ft beachside condo 15 years ago.  Still have it and we could sell that tiny one bed one bath spot for double what we paid for it, if not more.  Hubs wants to sell but I'm driving the NO train.  Mainly because whenever we retire, we might have to😫

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Kachina624  That is just stunning.  My son just left us here at home on the east coast to go back out west for a little while.  He was at an event at Red Rocks last night.  Guy gets around!  He's not a planner.  He just walks up on stuff.  Drives across in his van, sleeps in it or has a friend in a town on the way and hangs there for a bit.   Makes his life as an artist and has done quite a few venues in LA and San Fran.  

@songbird  yes! Homes in affordable MD have risen off the chart.  We bought a 650 sq ft beachside condo 15 years ago.  Still have it and we could sell that tiny one bed one bath spot for double what we paid for it, if not more.  Hubs wants to sell but I'm driving the NO train.  Mainly because whenever we retire, we might have to😫

Yes.  I hear you.  My husband's aunt & uncle owns an ocean front condo.  They bought it to retire to. 3 bedrooms.  We sometimes go down for a vacation.  Every room has a view of the ocean.  Even the bathroom!  She purchased it about 15 years ago.  I can only imagine how much it costs now! I love it but sometimes I get vertigo (it's on the 6th floor) So I don't go to far to the railing on the balcony.  Housing has runaway in cost.  It always goes up.  But right now, the average family can no longer afford.  Many young families have to rent.  But the longer you rent, the less likely you will ever own a home.  You can't save for a down payment. Unless you live in the deep poor south, it's no longer an option. 

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 

That is beautiful!!! The countdown is on until retirement for me - ten more years!  We will be retiring to that beautiful state.

"Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful."
Honored Contributor

@Kallena wrote:

@Kachina624 

That is beautiful!!! The countdown is on until retirement for me - ten more years!  We will be retiring to that beautiful state.

@Kallena.  Lucky you!  I considered retiring there but don't shovel snow so chose New Mexico  instead, with many of the same advantages but more temperate climate.  It's not a long drive to Colorado.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Oh gosh, that's breathtaking!