Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be honest, can you parallel park?

Absolutely, even though I prefer not to any longer.  I learned in a great big old Buick on the streets of Philly where there were no garages.  I can park anywhere.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I can but I look for a generous space.  

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

________________________________________________--

Hi @tansy, this is me!  I can parallel park if it isn't a space that is too squashed.  lol      I have had to do quite a bit of parallel parking in my time, so that helps in getting better over time.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Hi @tansy, this is me!  I can parallel park if it isn't a space that is too squashed.  lol      I have had to do quite a bit of parallel parking in my time, so that helps in getting better over time.

My first car was a VW bug, @pitdakota.  I could whip that car into any space with room to spare!  Good to see you.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

To this very day if I'm out with my sister and she's driving then she will jump out of the car, switch with me to park her car if we're somewhere that has only street parking. Woman LOL

@JaneMarple

LOL.  I've done that with my sister too.  We would drive to NYC often and my sister couldn't parallel park.  She'd pull up and jump out and I'd have to park.  I was really good at it.  I haven't had to do it in ages, but I feel good that I still can.

Respected Contributor

I used to have to do it every day, so I was good at it even in tight spots.  I never really have to do it anymore so only attempt it in a kinda big space.  I'm trying to remember if I ever even tried on the left side.  I lived on a two-way street and you weren't allowed to park on the "wrong" side.

Honored Contributor

All high school students had to take, and pass, Driver's Ed when I was a teenager.  Most parking in the city is parallel parking, too.  I drove a stick shift for quite awhile in the early days.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

No. I failed parallel parking on my drivers test. I have never tried to parallel park since. I'm 69 years old so it was a long time ago.

@proudlyfromNJ...me too! I'm from NJ too for what it's worth-Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My first car was a VW bug, @pitdakota.  I could whip that car into any space with room to spare!  Good to see you.

Good to see you too, @tansy.  I love the VW beetles. My father had one when I was young and we ran all over the place in that bug.  Your statement reminds me of seeing Smart cars just pull straight in to a parallel parking spot with no problem!!  LOL

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

"I can parallel park on either side of the street."

Yes, I can parallel park, and granted I'm on my second cocktail for the evening, but I can't seem to figure out how parallel parking changes depending on the side of the street you're on.